GCSE Results Day | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

GCSE Results Day

greenteign

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
♣️ Teign Valley Greens
Dec 27, 2016
Anyone else waiting for their son/ daughters results with trepidation? Not encouraged by press reports saying marking will be at pre pandemic standards.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
I’m not in a position where I’m awaiting results etc.

But what I’d like to say is that it’s important to remind your son/daughter/child/children that getting your GCSE results isn’t necessarily about working hard to be the top of your class, it’s about working hard to be at the top of YOUR potential.

Whether that potential is a Grade 7,8,9 or a grade 4,5,6 etc etc, it doesn’t matter. What matters is that they if they tried their best, then that’s what needs to be rewarded. In fact, it’s most likely that they will have different levels of potential across different subjects!

Having been at many, many Results days in the past I can say I have seen it over a hundred times when a student opens their results letter, looks at it, and then immediately to the parent or guardian.

What they’re looking for is that ‘backup’, that ‘support’. Because quite often the first thought that goes through their minds isn’t ’how are my grades going to affect me’ - it’s more ‘what do my parents think of my grades?’ ‘Have I failed them? ‘Will they hate me?’

Because despite being in education for over a decade by this point, today will be the biggest lesson they will most likely learn to date. And that lesson won’t be about grades, it’ll be about whether or not they can look to you for support.

I wish each and everyone of you and your children receiving the results the very best!

Whatever happens, today is not the end. It’s only just beginning.