🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
👏👏👏

Jun 9, 2006
Exmuff
Best news this week- great player - edging it as my player of the season so far.
Well done Argyle management team esp with the injury list at present incl Burton .
Wishing BG a speedy return to action

Jun 27, 2019
I'd imagine we'll look to bring in a left-sided CB on loan in January if Galloway is out for the season - which reading that interview Lowe seems to think is a possibility.

Jan 27, 2012
More news re Brendan

RL has spoken to Chris Errington

So our talkative manager says that he will be offering Galloway a new deal before the result of the MRI is known.

What happens if the MRI scan shows that the injury is career threatening? Do Argyle still offer Galloway a deal ?

IF a deal has already been signed then I hope its on a pay-as-you-play basis. Yes he's a good player, but he's 25 and never come close to completing a full season of football. Am I the only one who sees some red flags here ?

Reactions: Sparkypete
Aug 5, 2016
Galloway is class, but sorting a decent contract out for a player with a horrendous injury record after sustaining another worrying injury doesn't seem like a sensible idea.
It really doesn't.
Simon Hallett might offer his business perspective on Lowe's idea.

Mar 11, 2018
6 -8 weeks minimum I think. And that’s with no ligament damage
Yes, 6-8 weeks is just for recovery from the dislocation alone. Then the whole area needs attention to build it up for professional contact sport. I fear that his season is over, but fervently hoping that is too pessimistic despite the evidence.

Apr 1, 2009
The Club probably has insurance for such eventualities. I hope that this enables us to show a duty of care for a very good, unlucky and still quite young player.
Insurance may be a problem in the future if we tie up a new contract while he has a significant injury.

Jun 27, 2019
So our talkative manager says that he will be offering Galloway a new deal before the result of the MRI is known.

What happens if the MRI scan shows that the injury is career threatening? Do Argyle still offer Galloway a deal ?

IF a deal has already been signed then I hope its on a pay-as-you-play basis. Yes he's a good player, but he's 25 and never come close to completing a full season of football. Am I the only one who sees some red flags here ?
Have you ever known a footballer's career to be ended by a dislocated knee? Or even knee ligament damage? Modern footballers can fully recover from even the most serious ACL damage.

I do get the point you're making, but RL is just offering public support to a young man who is probably completely devastated and cursing his rotten luck. Good man management in my view. When Galloway comes back from this he'll want to run through brick walls for his manager and our club.

Frank the Phone

🚑 Steve Hooper
Feb 19, 2021
Have you ever known a footballer's career to be ended by a dislocated knee? Or even knee ligament damage? Modern footballers can fully recover from even the most serious ACL damage.

I do get the point you're making, but RL is just offering public support to a young man who is probably completely devastated and cursing his rotten luck. Good man management in my view. When Galloway comes back from this he'll want to run through brick walls for his manager and our club.
Again, not an expert, but I don't think that the ACL, the most troublesome and career threatening ligament, is likely to be vulnerable to damage with a dislocation. Rather, its the 'front' ligaments which connect to the patella itself which may have been damaged, and which are less of a concern career wise.

Reactions: WoodsyGreen

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He’s hell of a player.

I’d offer him an 18 month contract with a view to an extension of 12 months on completion of a set number of games.

As Woodsy said above, if we could manage to secure a player of that calibre by showing some loyalty could be a really productive thing to do.