• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Galloway after tonight

Doyley43

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Give him the new contract we were all wishing for prior to the injury.
I was thinking the same! Iā€™m no expert but that kind of injury doesnā€™t sound as bad as I expected. Now may be a good time to take a gamble to sign him up. I was worried he was going to be off in January. I think it would show how much he is rated at Argyle, but would we take the gamble on his fitness?

Graham Clark

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Ryan Lowe said last night that Brendan had dislocated his kneecap and that it was 'put back in place' by the first aiders before he left the pitch. The big question is whether there is any accompanying ligament damage. Argyle will manage his recovery which may well take him beyond the transfer window in January and the expiry of his contract. Hopefully, he will be offered the contract he deserves.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I would hope that we would extend his contract to the end of the season and make a further decision then.
Agreed. Think this would be the best move for all.

Do we have another defender who is capable of playing left centre back, apart from Gillesphrey?

mutley marvel

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
For all we know Brendan could have been offered a new contract but it is not in the public domain
We are not the type of club that would leave him high & dry - as RL has publicly said he will be looked after- it is just such a shame for him after all his well documented injury issues
No doubt he will come back stronger

Frank the Phone

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Feb 19, 2021
Having dislocated my knee and ruptured my ACL, I think the extent of the injury will depend on how much ligament damage was done when the knee dislocated. Although its nowhere near as bad as a new ACL injury, it is far from ideal when he already has a problematic knee. I cant seem him back for a while.

Reactions: notwop and saxman
Jun 24, 2008
Interestingly, Liverpool Echo has just published an recent interview they have had with Galloway which they have updated regarding last nights injury. He talks about his time at Everton, injuries, manager changes and how happy he is at Argyle...

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Dislocated Dislocated kneecap a few years back. Still hurts to this day, whilst never really got it checked out I wouldn't be surprised if I did some ligament damage.

Fingers crossed Brendan's back quickly, we looked a bit lost after he went off

Jan 27, 2012
I think Galloway was permanently injured for Luton due to a problem with his kneecap. This is obviously a weakness for him. While I like Galloway as a player, Argyle need to be cautious about handing him a long contract without first getting an independent medical opinion. Football is a very harsh and ruthless profession and the club canā€™t afford to pay for injured players- even though thatā€™s an unpleasant thing to say.

Jun 24, 2008
I think Galloway was permanently injured for Luton due to a problem with his kneecap. This is obviously a weakness for him. While I like Galloway as a player, Argyle need to be cautious about handing him a long contract without first getting an independent medical opinion. Football is a very harsh and ruthless profession and the club canā€™t afford to pay for injured players- even though thatā€™s an unpleasant thing to say.
Itā€™s worth noting that Lowe has already confirmed that this is the other knee from which he had the serious injury.

Although, I do understand your point. Itā€™s not ideal to have a weakness there in both. Really feel for the lad as heā€™s a real talent and just had call ups to his national side.

Reactions: Frank the Phone
Mar 11, 2018
Can't see him playing in the African Cup of Nations now so this will be a double blow for him.
I checked Dr Google on football and dislocated kneecaps. The consensus - and I only gave attention to what look like credible medical sources - is that, even if there is no surrounding damage, it would be several months before he can play professional sport competitively again. The likelihood is that his season is over, which is really sad. Maybe he will defy the odds - I certainly hope so.

Reactions: Balham Green

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
6 -8 weeks minimum I think. And thatā€™s with no ligament damage