Free on Argyle TV | Argyle vs Middlesbrough | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Free on Argyle TV | Argyle vs Middlesbrough

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Is that right - it’s free just like the Swansea game was?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Simon Hallett has got the hump about a fan saying Argyle are shooting themselves in the foot with the free streaming.

Simon tweeted (way OTT in my opinion) ‘Why do I bother’ and loads of people come in and rounded on the fan concerned. Must admit I saw the chaps tweet and as ‘complaints’ go, this was a .5 out of ten.

Looking forward to ATV I must admit, but I hope the club don’t get too precious when a fan has a moan.

Whilst anyone with Argyle DNA can see what great strives our club is making off the field, I hope people are robust enough to take the occasional suggestion that perhaps things could have been done slightly better.

Thus chap simply suggested that perhaps free streams might have been mentioned BEFORE fans had bought tickets. I think he was right as well.

I’m going and bought a set of three for the Swans, Boro and Turnip games, and I would have anyways but perhaps some could’ve saved a tenner. That’s all the bloke was saying.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
As i dont live in Plymouth i am grateful for the free stream as it means i can watch the game & not feel i am missing out on watching the team

I agree maybe they should have announced the free stream before tickets went on sale because each persons financial situation is different to the next

Or is it a case of they did not think Argyle TV would be up to speed before the pre season tickets went on sale - who knows but unfortunately you cant keep everyone happy

If i was living in Plymouth i would have brought tickets for all 3

Dec 30, 2020
Simon Hallett has got the hump about a fan saying Argyle are shooting themselves in the foot with the free streaming.

Simon tweeted (way OTT in my opinion) ‘Why do I bother’ and loads of people come in and rounded on the fan concerned. Must admit I saw the chaps tweet and as ‘complaints’ go, this was a .5 out of ten.

Looking forward to ATV I must admit, but I hope the club don’t get too precious when a fan has a moan.

Whilst anyone with Argyle DNA can see what great strives our club is making off the field, I hope people are robust enough to take the occasional suggestion that perhaps things could have been done slightly better.

Thus chap simply suggested that perhaps free streams might have been mentioned BEFORE fans had bought tickets. I think he was right as well.

I’m going and bought a set of three for the Swans, Boro and Turnip games, and I would have anyways but perhaps some could’ve saved a tenner. That’s all the bloke was saying.

I saw this as well - the 'why do I bother' line was probably written in the heat of the moment but it's not what you want to hear from the guy who is propping up the club!

I actually thought the individual's moan was petty beyond belief, but any business with thousands of 'customers' is going to experience the occasional unreasonable complaint... you just have to smile politely and explain yourself, not publicly drag them on social media.

Apr 22, 2013
Does anyone know if the argyle TV site can be casted to a TV from a phone whilst the live games are playing?

Mar 14, 2009
I think that nothing beats watching ‘live’ football.

Yet l think Argyle should have said free streaming for home games was a possibility.

Simon has been great for our club. Yet if he gets the hump about this then l fear for him down the line because its just an opinion being aired about paying for something where many find £10 not easy to find.

Caribou

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jan 4, 2011
Gloucestershire
Does anyone know if the argyle TV site can be casted to a TV from a phone whilst the live games are playing?
I wasn’t able to watch myself the other night, but people on that thread were saying you could cast to TV - and that it was easier than on iFollow.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I wasn’t able to watch myself the other night, but people on that thread were saying you could cast to TV - and that it was easier than on iFollow.

I was able to do it on my iPhone via Airplay but couldn’t get it to work from IPad to tv via Airplay

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I think that nothing beats watching ‘live’ football.

Yet l think Argyle should have said free streaming for home games was a possibility.

Simon has been great for our club. Yet if he gets the hump about this then l fear for him down the line because its just an opinion being aired about paying for something where many find £10 not easy to find.
“Fear for him down the line”. Sounds a bit dramatic, Mickey.
He is probably disappointed that he is being accused of ‘conning supporters’.
I think that he has too much respect for our supporters to do that.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You missed the point Ian. What that chap said was very mild, and Simon got the hump with it, you know, I know and Mickey knows that during the ups and down of a football club's season, there will be times when far far worse is uttered. Hope he has the minerals for what he's taken on. I really do.

There's some right nasty buggers out there, that chap was certainly not one of them!

Mar 14, 2009
“Fear for him down the line”. Sounds a bit dramatic, Mickey.
He is probably disappointed that he is being accused of ‘conning supporters’.
I think that he has too much respect for our supporters to do that.

We shall see. You only have to go online to see how fickle fans are.

There will be a core majority who will be grateful. Yet if your building something then the expectation builds with this. Many won’t accept mediocrity when paying for what essentially is a product.

People don’t think the same.