'Four New Faces' | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

'Four New Faces'

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
As seen on the Argyle website:
http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 34,00.html

We've got Aston Villa Academy striker, Durrell Berry, and former-Barnsley and Huddersfield defender, Robbie Williams.
I must say I'm not pleased by this news - but they will be joining as soon as the club's sale is complete.

We've also got Andy Crompton and Luke Daley, who are both coming in on trial. They are both former-Manchester United academy players.
Again, not kind of the news I was hoping for.

Do I really want a season-ticket?

C

carlos

WTF!

Negative about players coming in, how why?

Realise we are a L2 club who are skint, and are lucky to be playing league football.

What are you expecting? What calibre of player are you expecting at the club, bearing in mind you haven't seen these lads play, they are joining a club (possibly) with a long history of not paying wages, get a grip!

you question if you want a season ticket, I question do we need someone who doesn't want to support the team or club, no doubt start booing before they even put a green shirt on.

This is going to be another difficult season, reqlise it get over it and get behind he club players staff. So much I'd owed to so few in saving the club from players to staff and fans. Your let's put new players down is a 'bird' finger upto their efforts Ans loyalty.

RANT

C

Connor Clarke

Why? Who were you expecting us to go out and sign? Robbie Fowler & Kevin Phillips? - Get real. We are administration, we cannot afford to walk out and buy players who are of a 'quality' standard. The staff haven't been payed in an x amount of months, why would any half-decent players with offers for other League Two clubs, come here? Sadly, you seemed to be rather dissulioned by some of the rumours on here and you just have to get over the fact these will be the type of players playing at Home Park next season. If you don't want a Season-Ticket because of the players we are signing, thats your choice but what were you expecting?

Jan 2, 2010
How can you be negative about Man U academy players coming in? Man U have a decent enough record with academy players.

Nov 22, 2006
we should be grateful players are willing to come down here and play for us given the last lot weren't paid for 7 months not moaning before they even pull on a green shirt and given our troubles three former premiership apprentices and an experienced pro of the lower league is good business

added to say after the last post Liam Dickinson would be a welcome addition

Jul 1, 2011
Quite frankly, I'd have been impressed with these 'four new faces' last season. A players ability isn't determined on whether or not they've been heard of. :wink:

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
I'd just like to say.... I'm an idiot. Completely misread what we've gone for here. I understand Luke Daley's already helped Stevenage win promotion as well as Norwich, who he's played for, when they were in League One. By all means a possibility. I also thought Andy Crompton was a fail of a Man Utd Academy player. Turns out he has played professionally for Oldham already - so again - I apologise.

The possibility of signing Liam Dickinson is great! Not too sure about going for Robbie Williams and Durrell Berry straight away on contracts, but in Reid We Trust. I'm going to be critical on these two guys but let's hope Reidy really does prove all fans (including me) that he's a great manager in the market!

Come on Argyle! :mrgreen:

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Oh hang on...

"On 31 March 2011 it was announced by the club [Oldham] that they were not going to offer Crompton a professional contract and that he would be released at the end of the season, mainly because of attitude and behaviour issues."

Please be good!

C

Connor Clarke

soccerpilgrim":1cmih3p0 said:
Oh hang on...

"On 31 March 2011 it was announced by the club [Oldham] that they were not going to offer Crompton a professional contract and that he would be released at the end of the season, mainly because of attitude and behaviour issues."

Please be good!

Hmm.

I think Peter Reid is the kind of manager players [especially younger one's] will have respect for. Reid won't tolerate any attitude.

Jun 7, 2011
Plymouth
Not really heard of any of these names but i read about them in one or two of the papers at work during my break and i think a couple are supposed to be quick. Crompton had some attitude issues apparently but is supposed to have potential. Anyway, at least we will be getting a squad together, im looking forward to seeing how we do, stay positive.

J

jannerabroad

soccerpilgrim":4ddy65oa said:
As seen on the Argyle website:
http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 34,00.html

We've got Aston Villa Academy striker, Durrell Berry, and former-Barnsley and Huddersfield defender, Robbie Williams.
I must say I'm not pleased by this news - but they will be joining as soon as the club's sale is complete.

We've also got Andy Crompton and Luke Daley, who are both coming in on trial. They are both former-Manchester United academy players.
Again, not kind of the news I was hoping for.

Do I really want a season-ticket?
If you were a gernuine supporter, YES you would.