Forshaw update | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Forshaw update

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Running on empty? So has he not had a rest last 7 days,

Agree BG, I find all this tiredness stuff strange given his number of starts this season. He’s not playing 4 competitions like Manchester City after all.

The reason he isn’t scoring is because the rest of the team is usually 20-30 yards behind him. That and the few chances he has had have been spurned. Get closer and support the fella and he will score soon enough.

Jan 23, 2024
thanks for your reply.i calculate that he plays for fewer than 36 minutes per appearence.i'm not beating him up i just want a much bigger contribution.
I'm sure everybody else, not least Adam Forshaw himself would also want a bigger contribution. But as has been said a few times on various posts if he was always 100% fit we probably wouldn't be able to get him here or afford him! I'll settle for him starting and playing for 60-70 minutes (a-la Leicester) most weeks if that's all he can manage. I think he is a class act, personally.

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2015
It’s the timing of the pass that is so crucial. Since Azzaz and Cundle left, we tend to be much slower in feeding the front line. Hardie and Morgs are forever making runs but rarely get released by quick ball into space anymore. Forshaw is clearly the best at this but I’m afraid that Randell seems to have lost his vision in this.
agreed Randell hasn't stepped up since Azaz and Cundle left. He hasn't been playing well at all - Forshaw is leaps and bounds ahead, when fit of course

Apr 2, 2024
I’m not sure Randell ever had it.

His instinct when he gets the ball is to turn backwards. Fosters tenure made this worse.

He needs a full preseason with an attack focused manager who insists he learns when to gamble on a forward pass and when he mustn’t give the ball away.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
How condescending. We all know the level we are at now but do you keep playing the same old players when they are not up to the job or freshen things up? Beggars can't be choosers and these two youngsters are Argyle through and through. I ‘m sure they would give it their best shot.

Not condescending at all. Not knocking there effort levels and sure they have promising futures but they’re 17 years old and have barely kicked a ball in men’s professional football and I’ve seen someone suggest on this website that we chuck them in the team over a guy with 19 Championship goals this season. That would, to be blunt, be absolutely mental.

Reactions: Moorlander
Jul 12, 2016
Not condescending at all. Not knocking there effort levels and sure they have promising futures but they’re 17 years old and have barely kicked a ball in men’s professional football and I’ve seen someone suggest on this website that we chuck them in the team over a guy with 19 Championship goals this season. That would, to be blunt, be absolutely mental.
Agreed I wouldn’t drop Whittaker to accommodate either of them but Houghton and Randell are just not quick enough to get the ball forward. They pass the ball back or hang on for a split second too long before releasing or losing it.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
i agree with your comment here.all of our players have not played for seven days come tomorrow,they are fit young men.
I know where you are coming from, but it doesn't take into account a long term 8 months' fitness which a lot of players suffer from at this time of the year, especially those who are kept playing despite long term fatigue taking hold.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
So presumably Forshaw will be fit for Hull, and start?