Forest Green: when the hell are they releasing tickets? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Forest Green: when the hell are they releasing tickets?

Gunny green

✅ Evergreen
Jun 19, 2019
Less than 15% of tickets are being made available for Season Ticket holders with priority points. The remaining 1000+ will be available as normal to Season Ticket holders on Saturday morning.
There is either a priority for points or not not some Mickey Mouse half. Way house

Gunny green

✅ Evergreen
Jun 19, 2019
Yes I can and I’ve had a couple of offers from very kind people to do so. The issue is with this points system. They cannot add the points to accounts till the ticket sales finish for an away fixture in this case Charlton and they won’t finish till Monday so they have had to put in place a workaround as I am sure everybody will agree it is a ridiculously short sales window for the FGR game. Nobody seems to have thought of what happens when a previous away fixture is only a few days before a fixture where loyalty points are required to purchase tickets and the two sales periods overlap. Exactly the same will happen again before the Exeter game as there is the Cambridge away game where tickets will remain on sale until eight days before the Exeter fixture. Despite going to virtually every game I have made my thoughts and dislike of the points system clear. If they were going to introduce it, why not run it for this season adding the points to accounts but not requiring points to purchase any tickets. They could then have ironed out any glitches, published the full scheme at the end of the season and carried forward supporters points to next season.
Spot on totally agree

Reactions: Gazza

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Seating and covered terrace areas now sold out, uncovered terrace still on sale.

Jun 27, 2019
This game will be a lot of hassle.

Road closures around the FGR stadium have been implemented for this season, the closed roads are used as a coach park.
FGR fans are reporting on chaos around the stadium for the first game v Ipswich.
That's what happens when tiny clubs like FGR are artificially elevated way above their station. It was similar when Rushden and Diamonds were in the League. I'll never forget turning up to the nearest watering hole the first time I went there and thinking there couldn't possibly be a Football League match happening nearby. It was a tiny village more suited to hosting WI meetings than football matches.

May 14, 2016
I thought these would have gone straight away but there's around 200 tickets still available for Flexi and BGL.

Feb 24, 2008
Despite our good start, there’s probably a few of us who went back in 2019 who remember what Forest Green is like and have decided not to attend. It is narrow, disorganised and chaotic both inside and outside the ground. No pubs nearby, difficult to park and don’t even think of trying to get any food or drink in the ground! Mostly uncovered terrace spread along the pitch meaning it is difficult to get an atmosphere.

There are far, far better away days to spend your hard earned money on, despite its relative proximity (still a 300 mile round trip though- not cheap!).

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Any advice on travelling by car to this one? We were thinking of parking and drinking in Stroud but not sure what transport links etc are like. May just need to taxi it!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Any advice on travelling by car to this one? We were thinking of parking and drinking in Stroud but not sure what transport links etc are like. May just need to taxi it!

More news on that soon. For this season there's a farmer's field for £10 a car but because of road closures it's best to access it from the M5 rather than the M4.

The stadium, fan experience and traffic will be a challenge for this game.

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
If you do get a taxi, whilst you will have no problem getting to the ground there are a number of reports in the football ground guide and other sites where taxis refuse to come anywhere near the ground post match as they get stuck there for such a protracted period due to the traffic. I believe there is (or was) a bus from Stroud but that was pre-Covid.

Edited to say Bus is #63 but not many back after the game .

Last edited:
Reactions: Fergy

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Surprisingly just over 100 tickets go on general sale today at 1pm.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Surprisingly just over 100 tickets go on general sale today at 1pm.
Reading pasoti it sounds easier to get to Beirut (and more enjoyable). That’s why I’m not going.