For oldies only. Mods and rockers. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

For oldies only. Mods and rockers.

A proustian moment this morning, though not through taste but the sight of a lovely 60s VW Beetle in great condition. It was the chrome wheel trims. These were regularly pinched by my fellow scooter mods with a Vespa, as the hub cap perfectly fitted the spare wheel at the back. I had a Lambretta. I’m ashamed to admit we thought nothing of carefully unscrewing any chrome car badge to proudly display on the front of our scooters. If I had ever caught my own children pinching anything I’d have been apoplectic. I’m also guilty of hypocrisy when I complain to my wife about noisy motor bikes whining past our house at night. We used to drill the baffles in the scooter’s silencer to create a deep throaty noise, which must have been just as irritating to people of my current age. Any other elderly mods out there?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I had a Vespa SS 200. It made a lovely noise and was blue bodied with yellow fairings.

I think I had 16 mirrors and a very nice backrest.

Loved it.

Also had an LI 150 for a while, not quite as fast as the SS but was the coolest of all the Lambretta in my book. Mine was maroon and chrome with no side fairings.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
We are the mods, we are the mods, we are, we are, we are the mods

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
I was never a mod (too young at the time - I turned 66 only last week!) but I have lived in Brighton for the last 40+ years and I re-watched Quadrophenia only a few weeks ago. For many years I worked in East Street, where the famous knee-trembler alley is located and where quite a bit of the off-beach fighting happened. It was interesting to see what had changed and what hadn't since it was filmed back in 1978 - and to see some faces I recognised in the huge beach fight scene. Lot of locals (including my elder brother) were paid £10 a day to rumble!

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
I had a LD Lambretta. Took off the front mudguard and side panels and it went a lot quicker. Remember the petrol pumps where you had to dial in the correct 2 stroke mixture.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I once rode my Vespa from Gillingham to Plymouth. After that trip, you'd never forget two stroke!!