Floodlights | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Floodlights

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Sorry to be a bit thick (if this has been covered elsewhere) but is the grandstand getting floodlights fitted to it to cover that side of the pitch as I can't see anything in the latest pictures? If so, I assume that naff little pole in the Demport corner will be either replaced with a set like that in the BP or removed altogether?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I don't know, but with the roof overhang it may be difficult to add them to the Grandstand.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Emeraldinho":43sopg4u said:
Sorry to be a bit thick (if this has been covered elsewhere) but is the grandstand getting floodlights fitted to it to cover that side of the pitch as I can't see anything in the latest pictures? If so, I assume that naff little pole in the Demport corner will be either replaced with a set like that in the BP or removed altogether?

At the recent Fans Assembly it was confirmed that the Grandstand would not be getting floodlights along its roof edge. Also the floodlight pylon in the corner next to the Devonport End would remain.

There will be some further adjustment to the new Barn Park end floodlights in the close season.

The floodlights with their new improved lighting , realignment and adjustment meet with the EFL requirements

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
The lights may very well comply with EFL standards but doesn't change the fact that the Demport corner pole looks like something out of a Southern League ground. Why on earth can't Argyle just repeat the BP corner lighting arrangement and reposition another rig on the Demport roof above Block 1? At least it would make the stadium a little more 'joined up' and complete.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Emeraldinho":3i68aqzd said:
The lights may very well comply with EFL standards but doesn't change the fact that the Demport corner pole looks like something out of a Southern League ground. Why on earth can't Argyle just repeat the BP corner lighting arrangement and reposition another rig on the Demport roof above Block 1? At least it would make the stadium a little more 'joined up' and complete.

I agree with your sentiments. I wonder , though, how high it is on the list of priorities when budgets are under pressure