• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)

Floodlight upgrade HIJACK

Darren Stoneman

Lowey Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
The real issue is the land owned by James Brent ready for be our new ice rink, the council should either enforce this as a required tidy up or get James in front of scrutiny panel to find out what he is actually planning todo , another Brent undelivered promise on the back of Council Tax payers money?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The real issue is the land owned by James Brent ready for be our new ice rink, the council should either enforce this as a required tidy up or get James in front of scrutiny panel to find out what he is actually planning todo , another Brent undelivered promise on the back of Council Tax payers money?
You mean the land that JB lets the NHS use for disabled car parking and has done so since the MVC has been open?

It's about time you let your personal grudge go Darren.

Reactions: kernow19

Darren Stoneman

Lowey Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
You mean the land that JB lets the NHS use for disabled car parking and has done so since the MVC has been open?

It's about time you let your personal grudge go Darren.
no I mean the atrocious waste land he has left in developed four years after saying it was on its way, I don’t have a personal grudge, I just hate people taking tax payers money and not delivering, Civic Centre , western gateway, pavilions, Home Park, ice rink all promised and none delivered and increase in the rent for to make the raiders homeless, a great deal for Plymouth and nobody with any sense will disagree

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: IJN
May 8, 2011
no I mean the atrocious waste land he has left in developed four years after saying it was on its way, I don’t have a personal grudge, I just hate people taking tax payers money and not delivering, Civic Centre , western gateway, pavilions, Home Park, ice rink all promised and none delivered and increase in the rent for to make the raiders homeless, a great deal for Plymouth and nobody with any sense will disagree
What connection does James Brent have with the Civic Centre, it was bought by Urban Splash in 2016 and they have been trying to work out what to do with it since. I’m not aware JB and Urban Splash have any links.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Your talking through your rear end Darren. The truth about The Raiders is so so far off what really happened is embarrassing. Talking about having a sense, think before you press submit.

The Pavs kept The Raiders afloat for a long time, if you know them, ask the previous owners what they think about the help and support they received from the Pavs in general and JB in particular. The new owner has an agenda, and there's no way should the Pavilions sponsor or support the club with a Billionaire in charge. Now that would be a disgrace for the taxpayers of Plymouth.

You have a grudge, you always have, and I've pulled you on it before.

I'm not his protector just a pal of his who winces when I see someone employed by the council talk in such a way.

Especially on a football forum, which tries to be non political.

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie

Darren Stoneman

Lowey Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Ok Ian what about the rest of my points rather than pick on one point?

nothing political, just rather you had a full balanced answer than pick on one of the points!

and we can all 🙄

• Eye-Roll

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
When I’ve got time I’ll split this and we can debate it on opinions. As I say this is a football forum talking about Floodlight Upgrade not the place for a council employee to bear his grudge I’d suggest.

It seem inappropriate on a couple of levels if I’m honest.

Until then, as they say, back to football.

May 16, 2016
What connection does James Brent have with the Civic Centre, it was bought by Urban Splash in 2016 and they have been trying to work out what to do with it since. I’m not aware JB and Urban Splash have any links.
As I understand it, in basic terms,he took over the Civic centre with plans to do whatever it was, but after a long period of inactivity or not meeting the councils brief, it was taken away from him.

It was early (or just before) his tenure at Home Park. I may not be totally correct but it's what immediately springs to mind.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
My opinion is an employee of PCC should not be writing stuff like he has.

That’s all I’ve got to say in the subject.

Sep 2, 2008
My opinion is an employee of PCC should not be writing stuff like he has.

That’s all I’ve got to say in the subject.
What bearing does him being an employee of PCC have on this?

Everything he mentioned is/was public knowledge and he is entitled to an opinion irrespective of where he works.

From memory, in those dark days and particularly in the early stages of JB’s acquisition of the club, he really played hardball with the Council. Basically levering them into making promises/concessions in his favour from a business perspective just to keep him sweet and to stop him from pulling out from taking on the Club.

Let’s not forget, JB himself kept telling us he was a reluctant bidder. He was passed a lot of sweetners to make the bad pill that we were at that time more appealing to take.

Don’t misunderstand me, I’m thankful JB stepped up but to dismiss people that challenge him on the plans and promises he gave simply because he saved us and especially because of where they work just isn’t right.

Reactions: Darren Stoneman

Darren Stoneman

Lowey Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
What bearing does him being an employee of PCC have on this?

Everything he mentioned is/was public knowledge and he is entitled to an opinion irrespective of where he works.

From memory, in those dark days and particularly in the early stages of JB’s acquisition of the club, he really played hardball with the Council. Basically levering them into making promises/concessions in his favour from a business perspective just to keep him sweet and to stop him from pulling out from taking on the Club.

Let’s not forget, JB himself kept telling us he was a reluctant bidder. He was passed a lot of sweetners to make the bad pill that we were at that time more appealing to take.

Don’t misunderstand me, I’m thankful JB stepped up but to dismiss people that challenge him on the plans and promises he gave simply because he saved us and especially because of where they work just isn’t right.
Thanks PP ,

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think a PCC employee should NOT be talking like this. That's my opinion, not really up for grabs.

As for other stuff again I'll say it, Darren has history of saying this sort of thing and it's not for a football forum again, nit up for grabs.

Now it's on Opinions, it can be debated, but I won't be joining in. Apart from the fact that I've been up there today, and I certainly don't see anything bad on that plot of land, all I do see is a neat little car park which helps disabled and infirm/old people to nip into the MVC. Again, I'll make the point, JB is not charging for this and that in my book is a good community led thing to do.

Maybe it's because that means Darren's henchmen have less a target audience to aim at, I don't know that, but it seemed very strange to me that a Council employee would make such a comment about scruffy Home Park, when there are most definitely far scruffier places.

So not really about the content, just the agenda behind it.

Darren Stoneman

Lowey Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
What agenda Ian and what henchmen, I’ve never had allegations of henchmen and targets unlike some who have, why can people not ask questions ? I have asked the same ones to my councillors as to why people are given public money or assets and then fail to deliver and not just in Plymouth

I appreciate you are a friend of James Brents, but constantly shutting down questions or comments raises more questions about transparency and openness, if honest answers were given about the projects highlighted or Oldway Mansion to name a few then as a tax paying resident of the city I would maybe not quite so sceptical

anyway off to batten down the hatches for the attack that is bound to come !

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No attack, as I say, it's my opinion because of historical posts you have an agenda. As you continue to want to voice them on a football website, I will when needed continue to move them somewhere else.

You are, as I say, now on an opinions board, so go ahead, vent until you feel fulfilled.

I don't shut anything down, I just the main Argyle forum to be about football. Hope that's clear enough.