Floodlight upgrade (and general stadium improvements) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Floodlight upgrade (and general stadium improvements)

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
This sounds great 👍

pleased the lighting will be of the standard required for the championship and also the 45% saving is considerable.

be interesting to go to a gig with the light shows !!!

Sep 20, 2011
Home Park's floodlights to be upgraded to "Championship standard" over the summer..........

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2021/may/fl ... home-park/
If that tanoy system is championships level I've got better speakers at home they're only 1200w.
Absolutely pisspoor. Tuesday night made us look like amateurs. And who is the club announcer I seen more personality in a dead fish. No enthusiasm and seemed like he didn't want to be there. If argyle want to have someone with some personality I'm available and promise to leave my max and chicken at home.

Sep 20, 2011
If that tanoy system is championships level I've got better speakers at home they're only 1200w.
Absolutely pisspoor. Tuesday night made us look like amateurs. And who is the club announcer I seen more personality in a dead fish. No enthusiasm and seemed like he didn't want to be there. If argyle want to have someone with some personality I'm available and promise to leave my max and chicken at home.
I also need spelling lessons

• Haha
Reactions: Argyle Nutter
Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Its happening all over the country. they have no money for the upkeep and so as to put a positive spin on it they are saying its eco friendly blah blah blah. Its complete 8ull5h17 and some road junctions are so overgrown you cant see oncoming traffic. Its going to take a major accident and fatality for the 5h17 to hit the fan and anything be done about it. Its a disgrace and this country is rapidly going down hill
They have. They chose to spend it on other things. Take a bow rusty Reg.

Oct 31, 2015
Agreed. The pitch was lit up a lot better and the Barn Park lights were not shining in our faces in the Demport. Well done PAFC a good upgrade👏

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We were right down by the dugouts Paul. The difference on the pitch was really noticeable.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
We were right down by the dugouts Paul. The difference on the pitch was really noticeable.
Job well done I'd say.
The tannoy was nice and loud yesterday, perhaps a little too loud as it was sometimes a bit hard to decipher what Andy B was saying.
But on the whole, it's so bleddy good to be back.

Oct 2, 2017
Job well done I'd say.
The tannoy was nice and loud yesterday, perhaps a little too loud as it was sometimes a bit hard to decipher what Andy B was saying.
But on the whole, it's so bleddy good to be back.
Agree, the lighting was excellent - almost forgot the lights were on at times, they give such a natural light.
The tannoy was a tad loud, causing some problem hearing with clarity.
Thankfully the music volume before and at half-time was much better. Could listen to it and talk to people nearby.
Presumably the usual announcer will be back for the league season....?

Jul 14, 2008
good to hear that the lighting is vastly improved. Presumably it will improve further once the company returns to complete the job as per Graham Clark’s previous post.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Also worth noting that if that Grandstand-Devonport corner is going to be tidied up, the club would probably be waiting for the floodlight post to be removed first.

Mar 14, 2009
I have to say off the pitch you have to be impressed. Some of the way we are going about upgrades on facilities is really impressive.

The club is going in the right direction. Off the field we are very professional and Argyle TV is a new platform showcasing our club in such a positive way.

My only concern is if things don’t go well on the field. I hope Simon Hallett understands that Argyle fans will be critical and l just hope he doesn’t take it personally. Everything since his ownership has been positive but on field if things carry on like they did last season then fans will criticise the club because what matters the most to fans is watching good football. If results are iffy but football is good then l think most fans are realistic. However, if football is dour and results aren’t good, like last season, fans will vote with their wallet.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
When the new lights were switched on the difference was instant, with a cloudy sky it started to look gloomy but the lights quickly brightened up the view of the pitch.
The pre-match music was turned down a few levels allowing the fans to have a chat without shouting. 👍