Floodlight upgrade (and general stadium improvements) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Floodlight upgrade (and general stadium improvements)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Also - and I know that almost no-one else will care about this... - I'd really like someone to re-paint the top of the BACK of the shop frontage. You can see this from inside the ground and it looks really tatty which is a shame as the front looks good. (I'm one of those who gets unnecessarily bothered about details like this!)

We're clearly two peas in a pod (or just as sad as each other), because that's one of the elements I dislike about looking at that corner.

If it's really too tough or expensive to do, then that's totally fine and understandable. But that corner and general view just seems so out of kilter with the slickness of the rest of the ground and club generally and seems worth fixing, especially as it's something you're looking at all the time when a team is attacking the Devonport End.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Agree 100%. And can anyone reveal just exactly what that green portakabin thing outside the Demport emergency/service access gate is actually being used for at the moment? As someone already mentioned, it’s a bleddy eyesore - surely it can’t be that important post-refurb for it to still be there?

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Cant say I noticed anything on the video to suggest that the Mayflower had been done, just the Lyndy. Have they been discretely installed up inside the front of Mayflower roof as I was expecting something similar to the other side of the stadium ie large rectangular stanchions? If that IS the case then I guess the naff lampost lights will shortly disappear from the Demport corner.
Took me a while to spot them yesterday, but the new lights have indeed been installed discretely up inside the front of the Mayflower roof

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Reactions: Kevin Gollop

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I didnt see the new floodlights on the Mayflower roof, I was expecting to see the usual cluster of lights but the GoS photos prove they exist.
The lamppost is still there in Bobby's garden.

Reactions: HC Green
Jul 27, 2005
Plymouth
Shame they weren’t turned on for the last 15 or 20 minutes. Also, it doesn’t look like the Devonport lamppost is going anywhere. It looked like the new floodlights were also attached to it..?

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
The lighting contractors will be back to complete the Mayflower Stand lighting (more lights under the roof) and to remove the 'Devonport lamppost'. It meets League One operational requirements now and will be at Championship level once the work is complete upon their return.

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
The lighting contractors will be back to complete the Mayflower Stand lighting (more lights under the roof) and to remove the 'Devonport lamppost'. It meets League One operational requirements now and will be at Championship level once the work is complete upon their return.
Will this be done before the season starts, Graham?

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
If you’re referring to the disgraceful field at the back of the Lyndhurst then I couldn’t agree more - the Council have let it (and countless other bits of parkland across the city) deliberately devolve into a bit of weed-ridden waste ground and then had the utterly laughable excuse to call it ‘encouraging wildflower meadowlands’. My fear is that grass-cutting has got so far behind plan now that some of the areas affected will prove very difficult and costly to restore (assuming PCC can be arsed, of course).

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
If you’re referring to the disgraceful field at the back of the Lyndhurst then I couldn’t agree more - the Council have let it (and countless other bits of parkland across the city) deliberately devolve into a bit of weed-ridden waste ground and then had the utterly laughable excuse to call it ‘encouraging wildflower meadowlands’. My fear is that grass-cutting has got so far behind plan now that some of the areas affected will prove very difficult and costly to restore (assuming PCC can be arsed, of course).
I did see that, but was more thinking about the dumping ground that is fenced off behind the Mayflower.

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum
Jun 16, 2021
Its happening all over the country. they have no money for the upkeep and so as to put a positive spin on it they are saying its eco friendly blah blah blah. Its complete 8ull5h17 and some road junctions are so overgrown you cant see oncoming traffic. Its going to take a major accident and fatality for the 5h17 to hit the fan and anything be done about it. Its a disgrace and this country is rapidly going down hill

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
I’m assuming that the work to install the Mayflower side lights has yet to start as there’s no gantry in place and the Bobby’s Garden lamppost is still there? Hats off to the workmen putting them up - rather them than me!
All done, if you look up they are attached under the front of the Mayflower roof, apparently they are also programable so can be used for light effects and lighting sequences, I guess to add to the atmosphere during concerts etc.