Floodlight upgrade (and general stadium improvements) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Floodlight upgrade (and general stadium improvements)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It certainly has, I watched the climbing lekkies doing their thing today, clambering out from the overhanging RSJ's underneath the new roof of the grandstand. Quite impressive and not a job for the fainthearted that's for sure.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Can we have a webcam to show progress..?

As for the bitching comment above, I never complained but they were not a nice experience and can understand why some felt the need to. I would imagine the lower you were sat in the Dem the worse it was.

tonsk

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I can't bring myself to move that post now, after such a good save ;)

Just wondering what other little improvements could be made to HP, perhaps this could be useful to Argyle too. For me it's two relatively small 'easy wins' as they say (though I'm sure they're a lot more difficult and expensive than we realise).

1) it's that Grandstand-Devonport corner that would look sooooo much better with a smart canvas over it. This is much discussed I know.
2) the 'Welcome to Home Park' signage on the Devonport exterior could really be brought into line with the rest of the smart branding around the ground. It's been there for aaaaaaaaaages.

Floodlights look great, can't wait to see a proper lights show at an evening game.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I’m assuming that the work to install the Mayflower side lights has yet to start as there’s no gantry in place and the Bobby’s Garden lamppost is still there? Hats off to the workmen putting them up - rather them than me!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I ran past the shop frontage yesterday (or was it last week - every day seems the same) and noticed that it was getting a fresh coat of paint which pleased me. It would be good if this decoration work continued down the wall towards the Devonport End as that part was never properly done when the shop front was smartened up.

It would be good if the 'container' that is sat outside the Devonport End/Lyndhurst side corner was moved. This would originally have been part of the temporary changing rooms and I guess it is being used for SOMETHING but it's a bit of an eyesore and spoils the area just outside the stands.

Also - and I know that almost no-one else will care about this... - I'd really like someone to re-paint the top of the BACK of the shop frontage. You can see this from inside the ground and it looks really tatty which is a shame as the front looks good. (I'm one of those who gets unnecessarily bothered about details like this!)

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Cant say I noticed anything on the video to suggest that the Mayflower had been done, just the Lyndy. Have they been discretely installed up inside the front of Mayflower roof as I was expecting something similar to the other side of the stadium ie large rectangular stanchions? If that IS the case then I guess the naff lampost lights will shortly disappear from the Demport corner.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Also - and I know that almost no-one else will care about this... - I'd really like someone to re-paint the top of the BACK of the shop frontage. You can see this from inside the ground and it looks really tatty which is a shame as the front looks good. (I'm one of those who gets unnecessarily bothered about details like this!)
You and me alike, Doc! :D