Floodlight upgrade (and general stadium improvements) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Floodlight upgrade (and general stadium improvements)

Dec 3, 2005
I would say that the more important thing is to spend money on the team first.
Rather then spend money on the floodlights, so they are upto Championship standard.
Let's get the team upto Championship standard, FIRST.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Excellent news

May 28, 2019
djg145":irhvf9mq said:
Rather then spend money on the floodlights, so they are upto Championship standard.
i think a 45%saving on the leccy bill is the main reason, and if you watched evening matches on ifollow there was dark areas,it had to be done!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
djg145":3ob2szh3 said:

Argyle are clearly light years ahead of the game.

I’m all for it if it helps those in the Werthers Originals stand see the game more clearly. :cool:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I can see clearly now the shade is gone.
I can see all obstacles in my way.
Gone are the dark shirts that had me blind.
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day. :scarf:

Dec 3, 2005
greybeard-kernow":10u07qqv said:
djg145":10u07qqv said:
i think a 45%saving on the leccy bill is the main reason, and if you watched evening matches on ifollow there was dark areas,it had to be done!

I could say, IF you wattched evening games on ifollow you would realise how bad the team were, maybe good that there was dark areas on the pitch.

May 28, 2019
djg145":33d3kp39 said:
greybeard-kernow":33d3kp39 said:
djg145":33d3kp39 said:

I could say, IF you wattched evening games on ifollow you would realise how bad the team were, maybe good that there was dark areas on the pitch.
:lol:

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
djg145":11oh993y said:

Surely this expenditure will be outside of the team budget.

The club will have a capital expenditure plan that is always available no matter what the first team budget is.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Devongreenowl":g9y6yu9h said:
I’m all for it if it helps those in the Werthers Originals stand see the game more clearly. :cool:

Hey Owly, how are you going to cope when the Owls come down? Are you Owl first Pilgrim second, must be a wrench.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
IJN":15k0rcpk said:
Devongreenowl":15k0rcpk said:

Hey Owly, how are you going to cope when the Owls come down? Are you Owl first Pilgrim second, must be a wrench.
He's an Owl first Ian.

Not knocking that if it's home City, we'd all be the same.

For me it's Argyle and England only.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Ponty":5fivhorz said:
IJN":5fivhorz said:
Devongreenowl":5fivhorz said:

He's an Owl first Ian.

Not knocking that if it's home City, we'd all be the same.

For me it's Argyle and England only.
Argyle, Lostwithiel FC, Stenhousemuir, England. :cool:

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
djg145":3ebc00zy said:

Respectfully djg, I couldn't disagree more. If we get the rest of the club up to Championship standard, it will give us a much better chance of staying up if and when we get there (admittedly floodlights won't have a huge effect on performances, but the point stands more generally). Also, the better the infrastructure of the club, the easier it will be ​to attract the right calibre of players to get us there.

Dec 3, 2005
Lobster":5vpy5j1i said:
djg145":5vpy5j1i said:

Respectfully djg, I couldn't disagree more. If we get the rest of the club up to Championship standard, it will give us a much better chance of staying up if and when we get there (admittedly floodlights won't have a huge effect on performances, but the point stands more generally). Also, the better the infrastructure of the club, the easier it will be ​to attract the right calibre of players to get us there.

Also with respect, I would sooner have a team worthy of being in the Championship and dodgy floodlights, then to have a team that struggled to stay in League 1 with Championship floodlights.

Mar 18, 2014
I think you'll find there are separate budgets. The playing budget won't be affected by buying new floodlights.

there are also a noisy minority bitching about glare from the current lights, so they will be able on something else to complain about

there are also a noisy minority who wish to have a scoreboard - myself, I can keep count of the score without help - so again, this group will be able to find something else to raise issue with

so, Mr.Hallett is listening to supporters and trying to make improvements to increase engagement and inclusion. Fair play to him.