Floodlight upgrade (and general stadium improvements) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Floodlight upgrade (and general stadium improvements)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Good news and another sign of professional progress at the club.
The lights on the grandstand side were poor and for Tuesday night games there was a dark area on the pitch in front of the dugout, not helped by our dark green shirts worn by the players.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Very impressive, especially a 45% saving in energy used. In time they'll have paid for themselves as well as doing our bit for the planet.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
LED lighting is the way to go. Far less glare for the supporters, cheaper to use and therefore greener. (Not that Argyle aren’t green enough) :greensmile:

Jul 14, 2008
This is excellent news. I always thought the new grandstand roof wasn’t able to take the weight of floodlights which is why they weren’t put there when the redevelopment happened but I’m glad that is not the case. It will make a huge improvement. Hopefully as well as removing the light on top of the Barn Park stand, they can get rid of the lamppost by the Devonport too as that looks very non league.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
About time, long overdue.

Those "temporary" lights have been embarrassing for the last 10 years.

Should significantly improve the evening game experience.

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
Great news. Maybe it was more noticable online but it did look like we were a few lights short last season. I would agree that would be the most important ground improvement and it is going to be a bit more than just standard floodlights, which is interesting.

Let's hope that more often than not it will be the heroic expolits of our team that will now be better illuminated.