Fleetwood v Argyle Match Thread | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fleetwood v Argyle Match Thread

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Anyone who saw that live just new that was going to end up going in.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Second goal was Sunday league

Reactions: Larry David

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
So was the formation
And it goes back to that old question of having some physicality upfront when things aren’t going well.

We get Whittaker in!

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
It seems that to beat us you have to play the Wycombe way. Rough it up a bit.

We have to be ready for this approach - get stuck in and give as good as you get.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
So was the formation

So you’d go back to 3-1-4-2? Bearing in mind we been builled by physical sides for the past few seasons with this formation.

I mean put Mayor back in CM? Possibly with Houghton / Randell at CDM. It just gives us more issues against physical sides.

A winger in midfield. Thats the solution to being builled. Scary.

Last edited:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Ii think you must understand that EFL rules limit the amount of money that can be pad out as wages relative the club's regular trading income. The US investment monies are not classed as trading income

So how does a club like Fleetwood have a bigger wage budget than us?

Jan 27, 2012
I wonder if Gillesphey could be used in midfield for physical games ? Him and Butcher are fairly big units. I think two strikers in attack is a good idea for some games- it generally worked well last year. A battering ram up front is always a good option though- Neil Warnock had big success using that approach.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
The simple truth is that we get bullied too easily. I said it numerous times last season and I’m worried that’ll be the case again this season. Against good teams like Barnsley we look strong, against the more physical teams we fold.

Reactions: Tugboat and Drake

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
For me what went wrong was the inability to keep possession with the back 3 CB’s who too often just launched the ball hopefully forward which generally resulted in a loss of possession.

With a possesion style we are trying to play we need to build from the back. We have a formation that allows the CB’s to pass to each other (and wide to a wing back on the touchline) but importantly to the two deeper lying midfielders. We didn’t do that often enough today - we need CB’s who can play simple pass and move triangles using Cooper where needed.

The good thing is that we do have players in the squad that can do this in Galloway and from what I’ve heard Longeijk. These are the types of players we need to play against teams that press high up the pitch.

This is one result and we’re still trying to hone our skills to the new 3-2-4-1 formation. It’s a long season and there a still 132 points up for grabs and we’re only 1 point from automatic …

Reactions: MGM

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I would have thought simply marketing. The shirt is on sale from tomorrow apparently.

Reactions: MGM

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Today’s game would have benefitted from Pan’s energy in Midfield, Conor grant replacing Mumba to shore things up. So on the positive we still have good options to come back.

Would be interested to see the Wolves lad given a go as Wilson and Scarr together are not the fastest. It might take a number of games for Schuey to settle on his best squad, team and subs. The good thing is that once injuries clear up we have options.

It might be best to rotate the squad and give game time vs Peterborough in the cup. So all have match fitness coming into the league game. Not too worried about losing that one.