Fleetwood v Argyle Match Thread | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Fleetwood v Argyle Match Thread

MGM

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 7, 2021
To think we wouldnā€™t have teething problems with a system thatā€™s barely two months old and we played two competitive matches with it is abit naive.

They got at us with long balls and down the sides. How did teams get at us last season. Very similar. Unfortunately, with a 3ATB system thatā€™s it weakness.

We just have to find a way of playing against physical teams in an attacking sense with more purpose.

We can change to any 3ATB formation but we still going to have the same issues defensively. The solution is with the attacking side and how to find a way to hurt teams.

Keep the faith. The next 6 weeks maybe tough but we need to give this system time. The 3-1-4-2 had 3 years and we still had the same defensive issues at Fleetwood.

Oct 15, 2017
Sorry but after seeing last weeks game and now reading this weeks game the formation does not work. Seems to bypass the midfield, give the ball away to easy from the back. Too many long balls. I know people will say early days but its crap long ball rubbish.

I agree we need to go back to the original style and forget this hoof ball style.

Reactions: Mark Pedlar

MGM

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 7, 2021
I agree we need to go back to the original style and forget this hoof ball style.

Last season was hoof ball. So why go back to an original style thatā€™s the same as people think it is now.

I hope he does go back to a 3-1-4-2 for some games and then people can watch us pumping the ball to Hardie in similar vain.

mutley marvel

Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Physical teams always rattle us, play games with us , then hit us with the sucker punch

What will Schuey take from this game - do we have a mental block against teams that do not give us minute

Fleetwood, Wycombe could be classed as "Mother in Law" from hell teams but they are very effective in what they do

We dust ourselves off & go again

Am i disappointed no not really because we did not do enough in the game , will we learn from it who knows but Schuey will have plenty to think about on the way home

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Wake up call.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
Harrison got away with 4 far worse fouls without a booking first half. The Referee called his Captain over & lectured him, and still didnā€™t book him. When he started booking Argyle players for far less offences than Harrison had made, my first thought was, did the Referee forget to put his cards in his pocket first half.

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Pathetic.
Argyle bingo well and truly underway.
Capitulate at Fleetwood. Get bullied by Wycombe. Same old same old. Softest underbelly in the league. Another late goal conceded. Rinse repeat. Rinse repeat.

Aug 16, 2021
Canā€™t understand why we donā€™t go 4 at the back against the likes of Fleetwood/Wycombe etc. surely the message of last season is weā€™ve got to be more flexible?
And what is it with Fleetwood and late goals?
Hoping for a positive reaction next weekend

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
We haven't really learnt any lessons from playing against the robust and physical teams over the last few seasons.

It's still a fair start to the season although Peterborough are next in the league and they are top with two wins.

Jul 12, 2016
Itā€™s only our second game! Fleetwood have a new manager, some different players and where they finished last season is immaterial.
We have been outfought but plenty of time to remedy. The time to worry is If we keep making the same mistakes .