Fleetwood post-match round up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Fleetwood post-match round up

Aug 17, 2006
I don’t agree regarding Mayor. I thought he was our second best player behind Randell.
How can someone say drop Mayor and then agree he was our second best player behind Randell. I was there and agree about Randell & Mayor being the outstanding 2 players.

Aug 17, 2006
How can someone say drop Mayor and then agree he was our second best player behind Randell. I was there and agree about Randell & Mayor being the outstanding 2 players.
I was not referring to Dream green but a previous poster. Just to clarify.

Reactions: Dreamgreen
Oct 5, 2013
If Ss continues with this style of play we are going nowhere,too many long balls hoofed to one player up front. Even goalkeeper Cooper is now told to punt it up front whereas he always played it from the back. Totally disillusioned by these tactics, flowing football out the window, we just missed out on the playoffs playing foot ball from the back with two up front why change.We might as well sell Jephcott he won’t get a look in playing this system. Not a happy chappie, what are your thoughts?
I see your point.
I thought the idea this season was that we have more than one system to put into operation as required?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’d drop Scarr, Mayor and Hardie for next game.

Absent

Harsh on Mayor who I thought was one of the better Argyle players today.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
As someone mentioned earlier, this was very familiar to some games last season. We really do need that different option up top IMO, it don't have to be an old school lump up there but we do need someone who can score with their head.

Reactions: Drake
Feb 22, 2008
Lake District
Decent turnout by the Green Army and very vocal, especially in the first half.
Argyle struggled with Fleetwood’s press and hit too many long balls. When we did play on the ground, we looked dangerous. Mayor in particular when given the ball to his feet.
Fleetwood seemed to fight for every ball like their lives depended on it and we couldn’t match their intensity.
We weren’t helped by a genuinely shocking ref who, on the basis of his 2nd half performance, should be sacked! No wonder the Green Army sang it’s a miracle when he finally gave a free kick in our favour!
Did anyone else spot how Fleetwood gave the half of the pitch we attacked after the break an absolute soaking throughout half time but not a drop in our half? Dark arts or using home advantage?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Decent turnout by the Green Army and very vocal, especially in the first half.
Argyle struggled with Fleetwood’s press and hit too many long balls. When we did play on the ground, we looked dangerous. Mayor in particular when given the ball to his feet.
Fleetwood seemed to fight for every ball like their lives depended on it and we couldn’t match their intensity.
We weren’t helped by a genuinely shocking ref who, on the basis of his 2nd half performance, should be sacked! No wonder the Green Army sang it’s a miracle when he finally gave a free kick in our favour!
Did anyone else spot how Fleetwood gave the half of the pitch we attacked after the break an absolute soaking throughout half time but not a drop in our half? Dark arts or using home advantage?
High Tide was at 1600 apparently!

Reactions: Keep the Faith
Jun 27, 2019
We need to find goals from somewhere.

Last week we battered Barnsley for 90 minutes and only had 1 goal to show for all the hard work which nearly cost us in the end.

Today we had 10 corners which is huge, especially away from home and all of which were totally unproductive.

The same lack of end product cost us at the end of last season and, if we don't solve this problem I can see it being another frustrating season which promises so much and delivers so little.
Yep, exactly this for me.

We scored two goals in our final seven games of last season and have one from open play in two games so far this campaign.

We miss far too many chances as a team and that has to be sorted or else we'll continue to be a good team in this league but not a promotion-winning one.

It's a bad sign that Schuey is already fuming with his team two games in.