Third test match against India | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Third test match against India

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
completely outclassed by the brilliant Indians.i have to agree with Michael Vaughan that dominis sibley is out of his depth.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Easy to pick holes in individuals, but the system is broke, because the big cheeses are too busy chasing money. Just look at the Hundred, two weeks ago Bairstow, Buttler and Sam Curran were "the faces" of the tournament, travelling up and down the country playing, photoshoots - none of them have played 1st class red ball cricket all season and then expected to perform against the best bowling attack in world cricket. I dont blame the individuals for that, the money involved in the Hundred is amazing, even the lesser players are getting upwards of £30000 for a few weeks work. I'm good friends with one of the umpires, he gets £1000 a game on top of his usual salary and has 22 games in a 4 week period - lovely work.
Top class bowlers will always win against players with fragile techniques, Burns, Sibley, Lawrence all have stances, styles and approaches that would have any top class bowler licking their lips. Sibley cannot hit the ball in front of square on the offside, which effectively frees the opposing captain up and gives him more fielders.
My biggest beef is that its normally a bowler who is sacrificed when the batters aren't good enough. The usual response will be to bring Dom Bess in for Broad or Anderson next test, as it supposedly strengthens or lengthens our batting.
The ECB are less and less interested in County Cricket, when (and it is when and not if) the Aussies stuff us maybe they will have a rethink about the County game, but right now its doing nothing for finding test match players.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We bat down to 9 and still couldn't reach 200 after winning the toss, although it's a good The Hundred score!
Once Stokes was out we should have played Ali as our all rounder who gives the team spin.

That said, after the fake cricket it's nice to see proper red ball cricket played in front of a crowd. It's strange seeing Bairstow and Buttler in a white kit!

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
India require another 157 runs with 9 wickets remaining.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Third test started today at Headingly.

India chose to bat and are 67/9...😏😏

Reactions: smudja

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24