First game of season is... (fixture list) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

First game of season is... (fixture list)

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Some great early fixtures which should see big attendances from the off. September and February look brutal but I think with a relatively settled squad compared to most, playing 5 of the expected challengers at home early will be advantageous while some of them are finding their feet possibly. The run in looks much kinder so if we are thereabouts in March it will give us every chance of going one better than this season.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That's very much what Schuey said at the Fixture Release Brunch today.

Just a tip, well worth attending this next season. Sausage and bacon baps, Danish, bottomless fruit juice and tea/coffee. Well worth £15 in my opinion.

About 200 there. All money for the club.

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
If we get anything close to maximum points in September we’ll be favourites for promotion.
Exactly! September could easily be a month of Championship fixtures from a past season:

Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday, OxfordUnited, Portsmouth and Ipswich.

At least we will be getting these games out of the way early(ish).

Reactions: GU7Green

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
That's very much what Schuey said at the Fixture Release Brunch today.

Just a tip, well worth attending this next season. Sausage and bacon baps, Danish, bottomless fruit juice and tea/coffee. Well worth £15 in my opinion.

About 200 there. All money for the club.
did much else come up IJN, or was the "tone" and format all around the fixtures?

Sep 6, 2006
Some great early fixtures which should see big attendances from the off. September and February look brutal but I think with a relatively settled squad compared to most, playing 5 of the expected challengers at home early will be advantageous while some of them are finding their feet possibly. The run in looks much kinder so if we are thereabouts in March it will give us every chance of going one better than this season.
But we might not be 'thereabouts' in March cos we will have had more difficult games before then! Long as it is short.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yeah it was really. One chap told Schuey what he would do if he was the manager, and someone else mentioned the Camara situation.

All very pleasant and was nicely run.

Nothing taxing and everyone went home happy.

Nice to see a lot of friends there.,

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
Yeah it was really. One chap told Schuey what he would do if he was the manager, and someone else mentioned the Camara situation.

All very pleasant and was nicely run.

Nothing taxing and everyone went home happy.

Nice to see a lot of friends there.,
it was a cracking idea by the club.
nice

Dec 3, 2005
I know Cheltenham isnt too far away in miles but I remember Boxing Day games against Torquay, you know local derbys - why not play Exeter on Boxing Day & Good Friday - damn fixture computer - no logic.

Reactions: saxman

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The trouble is nobody will know until short notice how England will progress so I guess L1 and L2 fixtures will be moved long before the World Cup starts, maybe some fixtures on a Friday evening.
Sky will show a lot of L1 and L2 games as well during the World Cup.
AP suggested as much today. Argyle play Friday night, then England on the big screen on the Saturday.

Reactions: PL2 3DQ

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I know Cheltenham isnt too far away in miles but I remember Boxing Day games against Torquay, you know local derbys - why not play Exeter on Boxing Day & Good Friday - damn fixture computer - no logic.
Bank Holiday fixtures are likely to be sell out days. Why waste that on Exeter City when a sell out is likely whenever it is played.

Last edited:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
The answer is John is 'yes' it seems he does.

He could cause an argument in a phone box.
He sure could but he helps make the site a little more interesting I suppose. One of the newer posters I'm not so keen on though. Will have to keep an eye on him I think.😏

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
If England finish second in their World Cup group, the round of 16 game will be at 3pm on Saturday 3 December, which is a direct clash with the Port Vale home game. (If we win our group it'll be a 7pm kick-off the following day).

The third-place playoff will be vying for the world's attention with our home game against Morecambe.
Irrelevant to me. The bent award of The World Cup to Qatar has resulted in the death of 6,500+ migrant workers & workers' rights abuses of the ones still alive.
I'm not going to watch a second of this charade & instead go on an Argyle/Lancashire non-league football fest instead.