First game of season is... (fixture list) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

First game of season is... (fixture list)

May 22, 2006
Cheltenham away on Boxing Day again!

Am I missing something? It's in the league's best interests to have a bumper crowd and minimise travel on BD, which would be much better on both counts with Argyle v Cheltenham than the other way around.
As previously mentioned, Cheltenham always play at home on Boxing Day due to the race meeting on New Year's Day. The problem is that the people who decide the fixtures decide that we play Cheltenham on the 26th and couldn't care less that we get away games.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If England finish second in their World Cup group, the round of 16 game will be at 3pm on Saturday 3 December, which is a direct clash with the Port Vale home game. (If we win our group it'll be a 7pm kick-off the following day).

The third-place playoff will be vying for the world's attention with our home game against Morecambe.

The trouble is nobody will know until short notice how England will progress so I guess L1 and L2 fixtures will be moved long before the World Cup starts, maybe some fixtures on a Friday evening.
Sky will show a lot of L1 and L2 games as well during the World Cup.

Apr 9, 2011
I wonder how much"human" input there is with the fixture list ? thought it was done randomly by computer but this doesnt seem to be the case. Certainly cant be down to just bad luck of the draw we have been drawn away AGAIN on Boxing day.
Things were so much simpler back in the day when it was home & away on consecutive Saturdays !!

Apr 9, 2011
As for the World Cup in Qatar which should never have happened anyway its going to cause massive disruption to lge 1&2 fixtures

Oct 19, 2021
I wonder how much"human" input there is with the fixture list ? thought it was done randomly by computer but this doesnt seem to be the case. Certainly cant be down to just bad luck of the draw we have been drawn away AGAIN on Boxing day.
Things were so much simpler back in the day when it was home & away on consecutive Saturdays !!
This article from last year explains the process https://www.efl.com/news/2021/june/fixture-release-day-how-are-fixture-lists-compiled/

Jun 27, 2019
I used to do the fixtures for a youth league and it was a bloody nightmare. Every team had their own reasons for wanting home or away games on certain dates, or any number of other requests due to the craziest of reasons.

Ever since then I have had considerable sympathy with Mr Fixtures Computer!

Sep 6, 2006
The trouble is nobody will know until short notice how England will progress so I guess L1 and L2 fixtures will be moved long before the World Cup starts, maybe some fixtures on a Friday evening.
Sky will show a lot of L1 and L2 games as well during the World Cup.

They'll change the EFL kickoffs, and rightly so.
I think they should change the wc game if it coincides with Argyle V Port Vale.

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
First game at home and for the first time in a couple of years i will be at home that weekend. Will be attending with my season ticket holding dad. Yay

Guess they could be worse from my perspective. I looked at Sheff Wed and Accrington away which are closer for me and both fall in winter (again) but we have that many northern sides in the division, moreso north-west, that getting all of the longer trips in when the weather should be better would never be realistic.

Forest Green would be my one new ground but I suspect that will sell out to ST holders. Looking forward to a trip to Derby in September instead.

M

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Guess they could be worse from my perspective. I looked at Sheff Wed and Accrington away which are closer for me and both fall in winter (again) but we have that many northern sides in the division, moreso north-west, that getting all of the longer trips in when the weather should be better would never be realistic.

Forest Green would be my one new ground but I suspect that will sell out to ST holders. Looking forward to a trip to Derby in September instead.

M
Assuming they’re still in existence.