Feeder clubs | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Feeder clubs

Dec 8, 2011
Brought this up before but why no team in france has never been contacted in france about this possibility is beyond me.

Yes we are in the lowest professional league in england, but is this not more appealing than the 3rd or 4th division in france.

Benefits are -

talent from the continent who have been missed by other english sides do I need to remind you 3 or 4 years ago laurent koscielny was playing at this level.

Pre season tours cheaper travel for team and fans ?

A reputation abroad and a chance for our younger players to grasp experience in a different environment.

Tournaments in france for our younger sides U16 U14?

With the youth team cuts etc this isn't going to cust much to set this up I have a friend who speaks fluent french and knows the north of france well enough to study teams history of producing players etc ?

Dec 8, 2011
This won't cost much at all mate to provide a team smaller than argyle with a fee which they would be happy with isn't going to cost much.

S

Sporting Lipson

Don't Man U have some form of feeder / incubator club in Belgium sporting red spot Ghent or similar, they send the 'older' kids there like some footballing European finishing school.
It would be good if we had decent scouting network in France though.

Dec 8, 2011
Antwerp were a top flight side!! Henxe why I said lower league and as we progress hopefully so do they.

Arsenal had one too beveren where they got eboue and kolo from.

Still loan players now to them but there's a list of some who have gone on to play at an "ok" level.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Lew1988":vaee68cm said:
Antwerp were a top flight side!! Henxe why I said lower league and as we progress hopefully so do they.

Arsenal had one too beveren where they got eboue and kolo from.

Still loan players now to them but there's a list of some who have gone on to play at an "ok" level.

I could be wrong but wasn't the Arsenal deal slightly different.

I think I remember that they bought a player that did not qualify for a work permit so farmed him out to a club in Europe for a couple of seasons. Having played in Belgium for a couple of seasons Arsenal then "bought" him again to play in the EPL.

I could have dreamt this though :whistle:

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
Lew1988":2upviq8v said:
This won't cost much at all mate to provide a team smaller than argyle with a fee which they would be happy with isn't going to cost much.

I doubt Exeter fans would be happy to lose their top talent for £100 a time ;)

Dec 8, 2011
Lol. Muppet let's add some va va voom to this team =P and re arsenal and beveren that was originally the deal but arsenal loaned them players such as john halls, stack, etc

Dec 8, 2011
Quinny":2pzwrbm1 said:
Some people seem to confuse Football Manager with real life.

It obviously happens in real life and seems like an amazing investment I don't claim to be on any level of business know how at all but its common sense call me crazy but it couldn't hurt or wouldn't cripple us I'm sure with other cuts to the youth etc a little investment in this would see us secure players from abroad who we would have first "dibs" on offering them contracts once they reacj 16 17 ? Aka a loophole =P