Fantasy Football updated back up and running (March 2) | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Fantasy Football updated back up and running (March 2)

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah i think it's time to give up, as i said before they finally reached out by email and Facebook but since then nothing.

What we need to do is search the internet to see if anyone else has a program or a template that we can use for Fantasy.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
What we need to do is search the internet to see if anyone else has a program or a template that we can use for Fantasy.
I have spent many hours over a long period doing that Mike. This one was the first I ever found that wasn't based on Prem players and Prem results.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
David Gadd did a great job on the original and that was over 15 years ago, i was told that it would cost at least 500 pounds for someone to write the program.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but they finally got back to me and we have exchanged a few emails today see below, they think they have fixed the problems, we will see.
I did enter the data for the Jan 22nd game. I will enter the data for all the games after the 22nd.
So could some of you check your data and see if it is possible to see your teams, but please dont try and make transfers. i will check the standings after each game to see if there is any changes.

Hi Michael ,
Thanks for sending that through again. I think we've fixed the issue with teams not getting points, I've updated your matches so that should be working for all the 2022 fixtures.
Looking into the issue of the transfers too but that might be fixed by the same problem too.
Thanks,
Mike

Another update - we've rerun all the stats updates and it looks like everything has updated correctly.

The difference between #1 and #36 is 115. When I've spot-checked teams and weeks it looks ok; apologies for this but it does seem like it's working now.

One of the issues we noticed was that the data was correct but the stats page wasn't so we've put a fix in for that as well.

On Wed, 2 Mar at 2:20 PM , Fantasy Manager <help@fantasymanager.co> wrote:
I've gone through and checked a few teams between #1 and #36 and they all have 11 players for the weeks from Dec - Jan and the points differences seem genuine.

On Wed, 2 Mar at 2:04 PM , Michael Godwin <godwinm@rogers.com> wrote:
I have taken a quick look and i'm not sure if the problem has been fixed, as in my email sent below there was a difference of 172 points between 1st and 36th, looking at it now it is 166 points, so something has occured, but as i said and i cant prove it but in Dec i think that there was about 50 points between 1st and 36th, there is no way that in 2 games that difference could expand from 50 to 166 points.
The only way that that difference could possibly occur in my opinion is that most of the teams have somehow lost ALL their players or only have a few players left, i cant check the teams to see what players have or what points were recorded against each team for those 2 games in January or what was the point total at the end of December, but you can.
I am not going to bother at this time to input every game since the Jan 15th game against Shef wed game, so i will input the info for the next game since Jan 15, and see if it makes any difference, but i wont know that until after friday as it only updates once a week. I will take a screenshot of what it looks like today and again after the update after friday.
Here is what the standings look like today, well at least the top 22 teams, we will see if there is any change

Nick McFarlane

♣️ Senior Greens
♣️ PADSA Member
Sep 22, 2003
Glenholt, Plymouth
I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but they finally got back to me and we have exchanged a few emails today see below, they think they have fixed the problems, we will see.
I did enter the data for the Jan 22nd game. I will enter the data for all the games after the 22nd.
So could some of you check your data and see if it is possible to see your teams, but please dont try and make transfers. i will check the standings after each game to see if there is any changes.

Hi Michael ,
Thanks for sending that through again. I think we've fixed the issue with teams not getting points, I've updated your matches so that should be working for all the 2022 fixtures.
Looking into the issue of the transfers too but that might be fixed by the same problem too.
Thanks,
Mike

Another update - we've rerun all the stats updates and it looks like everything has updated correctly.

The difference between #1 and #36 is 115. When I've spot-checked teams and weeks it looks ok; apologies for this but it does seem like it's working now.

One of the issues we noticed was that the data was correct but the stats page wasn't so we've put a fix in for that as well.
They replied to me tooday as well. Looks like they had some serious issues to take so long to get round to answering, my email to them was from Jan 21st.

I've checked and everything seems to be working at the moment.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I have added another game and the points are definately being added

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Something must be working as I've gone from 20 odd to 6th. :D

Can we do transfers yet? I need to bin Dan Scarr.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Something must be working as I've gone from 20 odd to 6th. :D

Can we do transfers yet? I need to bin Dan Scarr.
Bob i'm adding all the games to the list so hold off in doing transfers until i'm finished, i think i have 2 more games to get up to date, you have dropped to 6th after the Gillingham game

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
OK all games have been entered, the league table is up too date. 8 games have been added, i randomly picked 6 teams and when a game was entered, i noted these 6 teams totals, so every team has gained points after every game.
So that looks like they fixed that problem, now the transfer situation i can only go by my team and i was able to make transfers.
Please let me know if you can do transfers, or if you see or have any problems.

Last edited:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Further update, i can now see my team on the league table based on the Rotherham game, i can also see everyone else's team (not sure if this is a mods privilege or everyone can see them) and if i click on the transfer page i see my team based on the transfers i made last night which is different because those transfers have not been recorded yet because the transfers are updated at midnight friday.

So it looks like it is all working, so can i get feedback from others, Thanks.