FA Cup replays gone | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Cup replays gone

Dec 3, 2005
Great response from ARGYLE & many other Clubs too.
Hopefully the reaction of the EFL Clubs and Supporters will make the FA think again, I doubt it though, money talks.
But it worked to stop the proposed European League.

Oct 19, 2021
Once Sky got involved in our "beautiful" game it was a downward slippery money driven road.
Sadly its only us ancients who remember it as it was the younger generation will grow up knowing no difference
No point in blaming Sky, like any private company they are only interested in their own success and profit margins which is fair enough. It was down to the FA, Premier League and EFL to protect the game and the interests of fans and they have failed miserably.

Reactions: greenpig27

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Under these new rules the FA would've stopped Coventry getting to the semi-final because they needed a replay earlier this season to beat Sheffield Wednesday.

Apr 2, 2024
Not quite. They may well have won the penalty shootout….and if they hadn’t Wednesday would have…..

Jan 27, 2012
One of the things that struck me as genuinely odd about this "deal" was how they thought a suitable quid pro quo would be to invest more money in grassroots, disabled and women's and girls' football.

All well and good... but precisely NOT recompensing the lower-league clubs who would be the ones directly missing out.
I feel that the best way to support grassroots football is to support football league clubs. These are far closer to their local communities than most Premier League clubs are.

Personally , I wouldn’t have had a problem with the “big” clubs joining a European super league. Good riddance to them. I suspect the super league would have flopped after the novelty factor had worn off- fans enjoy games against their old rivals. Playing PSG four times a season would end up pretty dull, especially with no relegation or promotion at stake.

Reactions: Mark Smith
Oct 5, 2022
Clubs may not agree with it, but what are they going to do about it? Go along with it to ensure that they get fed some more crumbs from the Premier League table.