Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Having now seen the onboard footage, max was hard and a bit rude but Lewis wasn’t completely ahead and Max didn’t open up his steering. He understeered a bit on entry which made it look like he opened the steering mid corner. The stewards were right to let this one go.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Having now seen the onboard footage, max was hard and a bit rude but Lewis wasn’t completely ahead and Max didn’t open up his steering. He understeered a bit on entry which made it look like he opened the steering mid corner. The stewards were right to let this one go.
Which, from memory, Lewis Hamilton was accused of doing at Silverstone. My God did Red Bull b!tch about that! Stop pussy footing around Keith and look at the onboard again, Verstappen made no attempt to move the steering wheel until they were both off the track. Then, and only then, did he steer to the left to regain the track. His move was deliberate.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Which, from memory, Lewis Hamilton was accused of doing at Silverstone. My God did Red Bull b!tch about that! Stop pussy footing around Keith and look at the onboard again, Verstappen made no attempt to move the steering wheel until they were both off the track. Then, and only then, did he steer to the left to regain the track. His move was deliberate.

When you have understeer, more steering angle breaks the traction even more. Verstappen was steering into the corner at entry and any more steering would have likely sent him straight into the side of Lewis. If you’re likening it to the incident at Silverstone, I already said that it was also a racing incident as well and shouldn’t have resulted in a penalty.

Lewis has been prancing about all weekend bigging up Senna with the Brazilian flag etc. If Senna was still around and racing today, he would have done exactly the same, and would have also put Lewis in the wall a few times this year.

I’d rather see a good bit of action on the track with both of them pushing the boundaries a bit rather than rolling over and waving each other through.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
We'll agree to disagree then mate! 🤝🤝🤝 Be interesting to see what the FIA make of the "smoking gun" investigation that is now taking place!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
We'll agree to disagree then mate! 🤝🤝🤝 Be interesting to see what the FIA make of the "smoking gun" investigation that is now taking place!

Fair enough 👍

I think the FIA will throw it out like they did with the Silverstone ‘evidence’.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I'm certainly no apologist for Verstappen but I honestly can’t see anything in the ‘new evidence’ to suggest that the FIA will intervene. I would love them to though, just to see Horner throw his toys out of his pram.

The cynic in me finds it strange that the only time he went wide on that corner was when Lewis was trying to go round him.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
That is a case study in why Hamilton is the greatest of them all. He is relentless. Pretty much every session, he maximises what his car is capable of, and turns the screw on his title rival, putting all the pressure of them. Vettel couldn't handle it. Rosberg (mostly) couldn't handle it. And Max is starting to crack. He's going to have to dig so so deep now.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Plenty of opportunity to talk about controversy, arguments, inconsistent penalties, blah blah blah.

I've been watching Formula 1 for over 20 years, and this is by an absolute postcode the greatest championship battle there's been. It is flipping awesome.

Dead level going into the last race - it was almost meant to be. Bring it on.

Sep 13, 2003
Formula 1 was run so much better under Charlie Whiting than under this total idiot, he actually reminds me alot of Boris Johnson. Completely out of his depth.

That was an awful race, on an awful track, with awful leadership.

Can't wait for the season to be over quite frankly.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Plenty of opportunity to talk about controversy, arguments, inconsistent penalties, blah blah blah.

I've been watching Formula 1 for over 20 years, and this is by an absolute postcode the greatest championship battle there's been. It is flipping awesome.

Dead level going into the last race - it was almost meant to be. Bring it on.

I assume you mean the best championship battle in the 20 years you've been following GP, as there have been (IMHO) better seasons: the battle between Prost and Senna in 1988, when they were both driving for McLaren: they won all bar one GP between them. And that's not including great battles like that between Hunt and Lauda in '76.

This season has been exciting, for sure, but the quality of driving by Max (although he's not alone) leaves a lot to be desired.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
As another F1 fan of far more than 20 years, I fear a Schumacher/Hill 1994 situation, where one driver "accidentally" takes both of them out, knowing that he'll win the championship as a result. I think Verstappen has proven to be every bit as - ahem - ruthless as Schumacher was, and I can easily see him driving into Hamilton if he gets half a chance to make it look like a racing incident. My guess would be in rejoining the track following one of his frequent corner excursions.

Last edited:
Reactions: smudja

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
As another F1 fan of far more than 20 years, I fear a Schumacher/Hill 1994 situation, where one driver "accidentally" takes both of them out, knowing that he'll win the championship as a result. I think Verstappen has proven to be every bit as - ahem - ruthless as Schumacher was, and I can easily see him driving into Hamilton if he gets half a chance to make it look like a racing incident. My guess would be in rejoining the track following one of his frequent corner excursions.
Would be funny if it wasn't so easily done.. maybe Bottas could wipe out Max

Reactions: Andy S
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Would be funny if it wasn't so easily done.. maybe Bottas could wipe out Max
Well, it will be his last ever race for Merc, so maybe he can go out with a bang and earn a nice big bonus! (Cash in a brown envelope at a service station en route to Brackley, natch. ;))

Aug 5, 2016

What if both are wiped out of the race, and MV is deducted points?
Would make for a hilarious own goal.