Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
The rookie intake of drivers in 2007, Hamilton, Sutil and Kovalinen, must have been one of the best in history. 14 years later and they now have 101 race wins and 7 championships between them.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Who's your money on for the title from here? Mine is just about with Max but I'd be delighted to be wrong.

I also think Max, but wouldn’t be delighted to be wrong. Max has made fewer mistakes than Hamilton this year and it’s down to his DNFs in Silverstone, Hungary and Monza that has kept the championship close. Fingers crossed it goes down to a final race shoot out.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Hoping Hamilton gets the cojones back to actually put his foot down and leave the others for dead again. Being out-qualified by his teammate is poor from him let alone being done by other teams.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Max is a very talented driver but I’m starting to get the impression he’s a bit of a knob. To be fair, Horner was going to rub off on him eventually. I hope Lewis does it again. 🇬🇧

Reactions: Ponty and smudja
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Max is a very talented driver but I’m starting to get the impression he’s a bit of a knob. To be fair, Horner was going to rub off on him eventually. I hope Lewis does it again. 🇬🇧
He's always been ultra-confident/arrogant - and with justification, it has to be said - but I was shocked by his comment on walking away after that notorious coming together with Hamilton at Monza: "That's what you get when you don't leave the space."

I know it was in the heat of the moment, and Hamilton probably didn't hear it at the time, but it was an incredibly callous reaction considering Hamilton could possibly have been killed without the halo and was still in his car and possibly hurt, for all Verstappen knew.

Up to that point I was OK with his Mohammed Ali-ish youthful arrogance, and his typically Dutch forthrightness, which was often quite entertaining; but I'm not so sure now. (And yes, Christian Horner has become more knobby again now that RB are back at the sharp end.)

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
That’s a cracking first lap.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Intriguing finish, the Mercedes strategy didn’t quite work.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Amateur driving from Bottas at the start, allowing Verstappen the racing line.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
What a superb weekend for Hamilton. Really enjoyed watching that.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
There was a certain amount of irony in his voice when he was told "no action being taken". :) I sometimes get the feeling that the FIA/F1 are doing just about everything possible to ensure that Verstappen wins this year. The penalty for the rear wing, it was broken...not deliberate, was way over the top. Yet Verstappen simply gets told to hand over his pocket change! Something is not quite right.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Nothing underhand Andy.

Touching another car in parc ferme is against the sporting regulations and is punishable by a fine, the same as undoing your seatbelts during the slow-down lap, which Lewis did. Others, including Lewis have touched other cars before and nothing has been done about it.

A car which fails the technical regulations in parc ferme is punishable by disqualification from the session. Vettel’s car failed the technical regulations in Hungary with a fault in the fuel monitoring system, so they had less fuel than they had realised, and was duly disqualified from second place.

All penalties dished out this weekend have been online with the rules.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Nothing underhand Andy.

Touching another car in parc ferme is against the sporting regulations and is punishable by a fine, the same as undoing your seatbelts during the slow-down lap, which Lewis did. Others, including Lewis have touched other cars before and nothing has been done about it.

A car which fails the technical regulations in parc ferme is punishable by disqualification from the session. Vettel’s car failed the technical regulations in Hungary with a fault in the fuel monitoring system, so they had less fuel than they had realised, and was duly disqualified from second place.

All penalties dished out this weekend have been online with the rules.
What about the penalties that were not dished out but should have been?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
What about the penalties that were not dished out but should have been?

I think penalties are dished out too often. In the current climate, Max should have received a 5s penalty. However, I feel it was hard racing and he will get a bit of his own medicine in time. That also goes for the penalties in Silverstone and Monza for Lewis and Max respectively.