Everton Docked 10points for FFP Breaches | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Everton Docked 10points for FFP Breaches

Sep 28, 2022
In 1990 Swindon Town were relegated two divisions as a result of illegal payments to players etc. On appeal it was amended to one division. No doubt the punishment seems to change as regards to whichever team is found guilty. Chelsea and Manchester City are also being investigated with regards to financial irregularities namely illegal payments. One wonders what their penalties will be if found guilty. Saracens in Rugby Union were relegated as were Rangers in Scotland. These football clubs found guilty are cheating and are denying other clubs playing by the rules of fair play and possible financial reward and success for their honest endeavours. Everton have gained far more by cheating than what their punishment will deliver with regards to a 10 point deduction especially with regards to this season, s possible relegation. Cheats should never prosper. Unfortunately Everton will.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
City will never get clobbered as much as they deserve to be - money talks and there’s far too much swilling about (I chose that word deliberately) for them to be significantly disadvantaged. The EPL aren’t going to knacker their Champions League standard bearers, are they?:rolleyes:

Apr 22, 2019
In 1990 Swindon Town were relegated two divisions as a result of illegal payments to players etc. On appeal it was amended to one division. No doubt the punishment seems to change as regards to whichever team is found guilty. Chelsea and Manchester City are also being investigated with regards to financial irregularities namely illegal payments. One wonders what their penalties will be if found guilty. Saracens in Rugby Union were relegated as were Rangers in Scotland. These football clubs found guilty are cheating and are denying other clubs playing by the rules of fair play and possible financial reward and success for their honest endeavours. Everton have gained far more by cheating than what their punishment will deliver with regards to a 10 point deduction especially with regards to this season, s possible relegation. Cheats should never prosper. Unfortunately Everton will.
I think Saracens very much did prosper. They cheated over a protracted period of time and yet none of their titles that were acquired through cheating were taken away. I’m not sure of any other sport where this has happened.

If I recall correctly they were only given the large points deduction that relegated them after they refused to open their financial records to independent inspection.

Oct 10, 2012
Honestly, The Premier League (and professional football in general) is so boring these days.

Oct 10, 2018
I think Saracens very much did prosper. They cheated over a protracted period of time and yet none of their titles that were acquired through cheating were taken away. I’m not sure of any other sport where this has happened.

If I recall correctly they were only given the large points deduction that relegated them after they refused to open their financial records to independent inspection.
Absolutely correct, however what also forgetting saracans by getting relegated, could not compete in the Heineken Cup- rugby equivalent of champions league either and addition fined 1.5 million, so they lost about 13.5 million in total revenue if you include loss of money from BT sport revue, gate receipts etc.

So not quite as insignificant as just 10 pt reduction.

Reason Saracans bounced back so quickly is same as Rangers in Scotland, they had enough financial clout and a top infrastructure, meaning they iwere able to maintain premiership wages whilst in a lower division.

RFU didn't prevent the players purchased through breaking the salary cap from playing for international honours, which I believe they should have done, such action would have seen those players question the integrity of playing for a dishonourable club.

Also the players union would have made it a legal nightmare for RFU. I agree they could have stripped the titles from them though.

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
Rangers were not relegated for breach of FFP. The old club was liquidated after *decades* of financial mismanagement and the new one was very generously permitted to start in Scottish League Two instead of at the bottom of the pyramid.

Reactions: Belfast Green
Oct 10, 2018
Personally I believe any club be it Man City , Everton, Chelsea or any other club in the English league should be suspended from competeing in any domestic league or competion with immediate for remainder of the season.

Essentially benching the super stars they unfairly acquired, costing the clubs hugely maintaining wages without gate revenue, advertising, broadcasting revenue. Would also stop them for qualifying for champions league, giving opportunity for the honest clubs like Tottenham, Villa, Brighton, West ham to take there place.

Then start of next season start with 10 pt deduction, this would really stamp out disregard for the games rules and laws. Also means the other clubs in league may be draw in players to strength the club which they may not previously had a chance of getting and bridge the gap so to speak.

Reactions: Keith Hennessey