• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

EU vote

EU Vote

• In

Votes: 91 46.9%
  • Out

Votes: 103 53.1%

• Total voters
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I wouldn't have thought that there would be a marked reduction in traffic on motorways as hauliers bypassed the Britain land-bridge between Ireland and the rest of the UK, TBH. That being said, routes like Holyhead would be a lot, lot quieter (it was mental the last time I visited Anglesey about 4 or 5 years ago), but I read that the drop in traffic would have a major impact on local jobs on the island as it was such a big source of employment for the area.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
From Transport Secretary Grant Shapps today:-

"We’re aware of a shortage of HGV drivers, so I'm announcing a temp extension of drivers' hours rules from Mon 12 July, giving flexibility to drivers & operators to make slightly longer journeys. We've ramped up the number of driving tests available & will consider other measures."

Project fear obvs...

Brexit - taking back control of killing people on our roads.

KeithB

Auction Winner
Apr 30, 2004
Launceston
Just got my new passport delivered, turned around in 8 days which was unexpected!
It's still red, but has no reference to EU on the cover anymore.
I thought they were going to be blue now! :unsure: