Ennis | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ennis

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Fickle pathetic fans, so much praise a month or 2 ago.... the guy works his socks off, had a goal disallowed and is a real team asset (imo).

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
When through on goal he(hardie) is the best finisher we have, bit when crowded out or when he receives the ball with back to goal he often gives up possession and looks weak...yesterday the camera caught Lowes exasperation on one occasion. Jephcott is the more instinctive finisher and better close control...I think the contrast has been why that pairing has flourished at time...but they need each other to properly fire. However the deeper luke gets massively reduces the opportunity for those close range finishes... he becomes almost an auxiliary midfielder.

Ennis is a combination of both even with his layoff looked strong fast and direct. Really looking forward to him being 100% on it.

Finally, was this the end of the agard period? He is now 5th choice... the argument about sharpness can't hold as ennis has been off running for months!

Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
I think it's his languid style that can frustrate, and the fact he is very weak when back to goal. That part of his game reminds me, unfortunately for him, of Steve MacLean. Fortunately, he has a lot more to offer in terms of pace, finishing and yes, giving a damn.
I agree. I never rated MacLean personally. However apart from his occasional lack of quality, I have seen Hardie chasing and harassing regularly. Maclean could never be arsed.

Sep 3, 2009
How can anyone say Hardie is not interested. Did you not see the joy on his face today when he came up to hug Jephcott at the end of the game - he wants this team to win.
Absolutely right - and it was 3-way huddle with Ennis, like the strikers see themselves as a team. Seems clear to me the team spirit is burning bright.

Frank the Phone

🚑 Steve Hooper
Feb 19, 2021
Hopefully Hardie will have some gaps and space to exploit on Wednesday, as I'm sure MK Dons will try to come at us. Should be more his type of game. Lest we forget his performance against Pompey not so long ago.

Reactions: Fergy
Jun 27, 2019
Finally, was this the end of the agard period? He is now 5th choice... the argument about sharpness can't hold as ennis has been off running for months!
Agard was only ever brought in to cover the Ennis injury. He'll be gone as soon as his contract is up next month.

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Don’t normally like to criticise our players but I’m glad Ennis is back as Hardie hasn’t appeared interested or bothered last few games..
It is good to see our injured players return, and I think it will be a phased return as they will need to gradually get match fit.
I don't think Hardie has looked disinterested or not bothered, more like feeling knackered as the pace of the game and the number of games played is now telling on him, and other players.
I do think that some posters on here are too quick to condemn players' performances and expect them to be automatons, able to play the same intensity game after game. What we are seeing is a culmination of all these games, particularly Sat, Tues, Sat, Tues without a large enough squad to allow a decent rest for them. Hopefully now, with our long term injury list dwindling, RL will have the opportunity to rest tired legs. Still a busy period ahead, with a lot of hard games in a short period of time, but positive news with our injured players now more available.

Reactions: philevs