England's new era of cricket | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

England's new era of cricket

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
Kiwis digging in. Who has confidence in England chasing down an 150 plus total? I haven't. Kiwis to win now.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Yep, the game has gone now, the Blundell-Mitchell partnership has taken it away from England.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Says everything about the state of English cricket that despite bowling NZ out cheaply on Day 1, the game looks to have gone before stumps on Day 2.

Three days rain seems unlikely too.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
151 run partnership between Blundell and Mitchell

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
56/4 to 236/4

STUMPS
1st Test, Lord's, June 02 - 06, 2022, New Zealand tour of England

New Zealand Flag
New Zealand
(79 ov) 132 & 236/4
England Flag
England
Day 2 - New Zealand lead by 227 runs.

Mitchell 90 no
Blundell 97 no

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I was lucky enough to be at Lords yesterday. Fantastic entertainment, often for the wrong reason, but great to watch Anderson, just the epitome of professionalism to stay and keep fit for 20+ years.
I'm staggered that England's "batting coach" has avoided so much criticism, if Argyle conceded three silly goals every week, imagine the abuse the defence coach would receive. Yet Trescothick seems to have been untouchable with almost nothing asked of his involvement. How they have elevated Pope to three, when in six seasons at Surrey they've not once thought it was a good idea is truly baffling. Everyone including Root believes Harry Brook to be the real deal, but sadly not given the opportunity despite being the leading runscorer in the country.
I trust McCullum to get more right than Silverwood who was about as far out of his depth as its possible to be.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
How they have elevated Pope to three, when in six seasons at Surrey they've not once thought it was a good idea is truly baffling. Everyone including Root believes Harry Brook to be the real deal, but sadly not given the opportunity despite being the leading runscorer in the country.

Muddled thinking as ever with our batting lineup.

We could really have done with some express pace this afternoon now the pitch seems to be settling down. Stokes would have loved to be able to throw the ball to Archer or Wood or Stone, but we just can't seem to keep bowlers fit at the moment.

I stumbled down a rabbit hole the other day regarding our 2010-11 Ashes tour. Look at the batsmen we had at our disposal back then - what would we give now to be able to select any of Andrew Strauss, Alastair Cook, Ian Bell, Jonathan Trott, Paul Collingwood, Kevin Pietersen or Matt Prior, let alone all of them at the same time? Throw in the quality of Graeme Swann's offspin and the fact that Broad was still a very handy lower-order batsman at that time too. It makes you weep to see how far we've regressed.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I was lucky enough to be at Lords yesterday. Fantastic entertainment, often for the wrong reason, but great to watch Anderson, just the epitome of professionalism to stay and keep fit for 20+ years.
I'm staggered that England's "batting coach" has avoided so much criticism, if Argyle conceded three silly goals every week, imagine the abuse the defence coach would receive. Yet Trescothick seems to have been untouchable with almost nothing asked of his involvement. How they have elevated Pope to three, when in six seasons at Surrey they've not once thought it was a good idea is truly baffling. Everyone including Root believes Harry Brook to be the real deal, but sadly not given the opportunity despite being the leading runscorer in the country.
I trust McCullum to get more right than Silverwood who was about as far out of his depth as its possible to be.

You lucky bugger. A Lords Test is on my bucket list.

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
True about Pope playing at 3. But I constantly hear about how talented he is and yet I haven't seen any evidence to prove it.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
we just can't seem to keep bowlers fit at the moment.
That's been true for a long time. Same with our tennis players.

Does nobody train them in how to warm up and stretch properly? Don't they have conditioning coaches?

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Postey it's a must do. I was lucky enough to be in the Warner stand, as a good friend is an MCC member, its a special place. Get in the ground as early as possible and have a good look around.
The pricing is a bit silly and I think they realise that and I'm sure it will be addressed soon.

Reactions: PL2 3DQ

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
The only visit I made was in 1974 England V Pakistan, the Saturday only.