England v Ukraine | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

England v Ukraine

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Wow. Just wow. As a very wise man wrote on the England v Germany thread the other day:

MickyD":17y78zrr said:
Having said I don't really care if England win the tournament playing negatively (or at least not particularly positively), I'm actually reasonably confident that they will be more attack-minded against Ukraine. I think they're growing into it, especially now that Kane is off the mark.

I know we're all hyper-critical of our own teams, but let's try to see the bigger picture: if one of the serial winners had done exactly what England have done so far, we'd all be praising their "tournament management" and saying how shrewdly they're building up to the later, bigger games - only most of the serial winners are already out, while we're still there!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
An excellent performance and for once in a knockout game involving England, a very stress free watch. Denmark are good team but we’ll go into that with real confidence & momentum after this week.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
A steady win against very average opponents.

The draw really has been very kind to England but you can only beat the team in front of you.

Lots of sideways and backwards passing resulting in a slow build up and together with the set-piece goals, all rather Argyle-esque from recent seasons.

Can't see the Danes or the Italians conceding such simplistic goals.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Pre tournament: “Croatia will win that group”
A week later: “Croatia are an ageing team”

Pre match: “Germany will thrash England”
Post match: “That was a weak German side”

Pre Match: “Ukraine will beat England”
Post match: “Ukraine didn’t turn up”

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Ukraine GOODBYE

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I gather we actually tried to win tonight as opposed to trying not to let in a goal.

Also gather Kane decided to turn up.

Perhaps the players got fed up with the managers negative tactics.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Argylegames":13lv7156 said:
I gather we actually tried to win tonight as opposed to trying not to let in a goal.

I think that’s incredibly harsh. We’ve improved game after game. Southgate’s pragmatism has got us to this stage and now we’re starting to step on the gas.

Mar 14, 2009
A great performance.

Enjoyed how we pressed as a team. I thought Shaw was magnificent. Sancho had a good game too.

Nice to see how our set piece delivery was very good at times.

Ukraine were disappointing but they have had a decent tournament.

I watched Denmark a few times in the Euros and they will give us a much more competitive game. Their second goal against Czech Republic was a thing of beauty.

We played Denmark in nations league and we drew 0-0 away and lost 0-1 at Wembley so l imagine it will be a very tight game.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Argylegames":35fgegl0 said:

Absolute ballcocks. You haven't a clue. :funny:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Argylegames":fp5c00nl said:

I gather you didn't watch it?

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
What a very satisfactory performance that was! Everyone was at least an 8/10.
You can only beat what is out in front of you and we look a very well organised side and the togetherness of the squad is there for all to see.

Bring on Denmark!

PS: it's funny how those that profess not to have an interest in international football, just cannot help themselves on posting snide remarks on an international football thread...

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
If we can select a team without Grealish, Foden, Chilwell and James, surely, it must be accepted that we have potential to win this tournament,
I have never seen an England football team that has so much spirit, commitment, skill and determination.
Southgate is doing a fantastic job.
Tin hat now on.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Thought we were very good last night. We've demonstrated control throughout the competition, but last night there was more flare as well. Sancho was a joy to watch when on the ball and it does help when your talisman goalscorer is back to form.

I've thought from the early stages that England and Italy are the two teams that looked most 'together' and that often counts for a lot. You have to add Denmark to that though,especially since the Eriksen incident. Two tough games to come then - a lot tougher than last night for sure, but we've never had a better chance to win a major competition since 2018.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Another solid performance. No matter the opposition, to keep five clean sheets is some achievement.
The Rice Phillips combo in front of the defence has worked a treat thus far and often gets overlooked.
Looking forward to see what Grealish can bring to the show, if played for 90 minutes.
Denmark will be a harder test, but I'm quite optimistic about it.
Great to have a team to be proud of!!
Come on England!!!