• Welcome to PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by GA Solicitors and Lang & Potter.

England v Scotland

Apr 8, 2011
6,866
8
25
Plymouth
Biggs":3hjrwxmp said:
Cobi Budge":3hjrwxmp said:
I hope he proves me wrong but we don’t deserve to win anything with this under qualified clown in charge.

He speaks very highly of you.

I think that’s the most critical I’ve ever seen anyone be about Southgate.

I’ve doubted him since the WC semi final. Not just tonight.
 

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
5,101
13
Cornwall
Utterly embarrassing performance from England.

Stood around most of the time, no movement, nothing.

Turgid stuff.
 
Mar 26, 2004
104
8
monkeywrench":ap38jiq2 said:
Utterly embarrassing performance from England.

Stood around most of the time, no movement, nothing.

Turgid stuff.

Almost like doing Scotland a favour tonight. The Czech's won't be easy either. Wonder how much covid is being transmitted and sent back up the road. Then again it's football and one of their own said football is more important than life... Ah well on to the next match and more moaning i suppose... :coat:
 
Apr 20, 2008
3,850
1
Plymouth
Drawing with Scotland? Defence sitting deep? Need someone in the box who can win headers? I know, let's bring Rashford on for Kane and leave DCL on the bench. Genius.
 

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
Oct 31, 2010
16,242
64
A draw is ok but the performance was dire, the build up was too slow. Lowly teams always raise their game against us, we just didn't raise our game.
That said, we were robbed of a penalty, VAR didn't even look at it.

A draw against Czech R will put us in second place which gives us an easier second round game.
 
Jan 16, 2010
11,340
6
plymouth
i haven't watched an england match for 25 years,that performance tonight is why i stopped.nothing has changed,like watching two pub sides.
 

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Sep 13, 2003
3,510
17
Plymouth
We play it about and wait for something to happen instead of playing it about and making something happen.
 
May 22, 2006
1,645
4
We have a great set of players but the worry was that Southgate would be too conservative. He lived up to expectations. Grealish needed to be on from the start. His reliance on the out of form trio of Kane, Sterling and Rashford meant that we were deprived of excitement from Bellingham, Sancho and possibly Calvert Lewin. Foden was easily our most dangerous player and got subbed. We need players to move play forward rather than constantly passing backwards or sideways for possession with no end result.

We still have a chance to do really well in the competition if Gareth gives talent a chance. Feels like he won’t and England will sleepwalk out of the tournament.

(Unless there is a master plan not to win the group and get an easier route to the final.Maybe Southgate is a genius but the nation is unaware).
 

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Jul 3, 2006
16,273
41
70
Location Location
Was looking forward to Grealish pairing up with Forden in a Carey-Lameiras stylee.

So what does Mr Centre Half-Manager do? :facepalm:
 
Feb 17, 2004
8,359
5
cheshire
Probably this England squad has more flair players than most squads that have reached tournament finals in last 40 or so years. However we struggle to create chances from open play.

Kane looks off the pace, too much deliberation and square passing. Sterling is not at his best either.

Hard to beat a top national side relying on set pieces to create goalscoring opportunities. Doesn't auger well for knock out stages. If we somehow beat the Czechs we will most likely play one of France, Portugal or Germany just can't see that ending well.

55 years of hurt.
 

Metal Green Mickey

NHS Volunteer Supporter
Mar 14, 2009
4,944
61
Unfortunately today our fears were realised. Southgate just isn’t a manager who can change things tactically.

If England players can’t handle the expectations of a Scotland game then what chance do they have in knock out stages.

The game was slow, dull and uninspiring. Sideways and backwards. I accept Scotland were well organised but the basic things like our crossing was woeful. No bravery on the ball. No emphasis on pressing.

Very disappointing to be asking the same questions about an England side that we been asking for years. When the F.A finally appoint a proper manager, and not a yes man, then maybe we can move forward as a football nation.

Mings said it himself. There was no intensity. Well for a Scotland vs England game that’s just criminal from the players.
 
pastiesforlife":2rasdg22 said:
We have a great set of players but the worry was that Southgate would be too conservative. He lived up to expectations. Grealish needed to be on from the start. His reliance on the out of form trio of Kane, Sterling and Rashford meant that we were deprived of excitement from Bellingham, Sancho and possibly Calvert Lewin. Foden was easily our most dangerous player and got subbed. We need players to move play forward rather than constantly passing backwards or sideways for possession with no end result.

We still have a chance to do really well in the competition if Gareth gives talent a chance. Feels like he won’t and England will sleepwalk out of the tournament.

(Unless there is a master plan not to win the group and get an easier route to the final.Maybe Southgate is a genius but the nation is unaware).

I could have typed that word for word. Spot on.
 
Apr 8, 2011
6,866
8
25
Plymouth
I’m really concerned that we’re about to squander another golden generation because of completely inadequate & overly conservative management. I’m desperate for Southgate to prove me wrong but with the tactical naivety on display tonight, right now I can’t see that happening.
 

davie nine

Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
Jan 23, 2015
7,174
24
74
Plympton
A typical ‘local derby’. Most fans expected our defence to be a problem but, tonight, our midfield and attack were completely ineffective. Our best chance was the header from a defender.
Surely, Grealish and Chilwell must start against the Czechs. Kane needs a rest. Even Foden and Mount were off the pace tonight.
 
Oct 23, 2005
1,653
1
www.johnstanlake.com
I won't have a bad word said about this current crop of England players.

Their instagram accounts are second to none and the sponsorship deals have been exquisite. I also really like the way they look at the camera in that little pre match look all serious camera shot they do.

They've mastered the art of saying nothing of interest in interviews and Phil Foden's hair has really lit up the tournament.

So all of you criticizing their turgid, boring and unimaginative brand of football should be ashamed of yourselves. They have great haircuts and they learned all the words to the national anthem.

It's coming home.
 

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
Sep 15, 2003
3,808
32
70
Here's a prediction for you...It ain't coming home!
 
Jun 4, 2015
1,878
15
jespafc":1zpt3t1t said:
I won't have a bad word said about this current crop of England players.

Their instagram accounts are second to none and the sponsorship deals have been exquisite. I also really like the way they look at the camera in that little pre match look all serious camera shot they do.

They've mastered the art of saying nothing of interest in interviews and Phil Foden's hair has really lit up the tournament.

So all of you criticizing their turgid, boring and unimaginative brand of football should be ashamed of yourselves. They have great haircuts and they learned all the words to the national anthem.

It's coming home.
Brilliant! :lol:
 
Sep 25, 2010
2,579
26
When you analysis the result, not the performance, it was a bad day for Scotland, (only 1 point), England have 4 points.

Scotland needed to win, after there poor show against Czech Rep. England second needing only I point to progress. scotland need to win extremely well against Croatia, on Tuesday.

If I were a Scottish supporter, thank god i’m not, I be asking, how come they can raise there game against England, but play so badly against Czech Rep, where the damage was done, so look at the table
Scotland one point, England 4 points.