✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Germany GOODBYE

May 22, 2006
Probably the adrenalin but....

...best set of knock-out games ever?

Two absolute beauties yesterday, Dutch out, Germans out, French out, Portuguese out....

Mar 14, 2009
Great result.

Personally, l found watching that game difficult with our tactics. I guess nobody will argue if we win playing this programatic way.

Germany were very ordinary with the fact they have some very good players.

The Muller moment was huge.

Today we had that “luck” we been missing against Germany.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Emeraldinho":2s9m16ao said:
Not that I’m overly bothered either way but I have a bad feeling about this evening. - leaving your best players on the bench is just crazy. :wtf:
What the bleeding’ he’ll do I know?! :lol:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
BOLLOCKS!

Just turned the TV on for the 20:00 K/O.

Thought we were the late game!

Bugger

ETA Thanks goodness for iPlayer downloads.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Most of us thought this was a too defensive lineup but it has ended well.
When you consider the criticism of Sterling, Kane and, to some extent, Pickford they have all contributed today.
In fact, Sterling has been exceptional even though he must feel very grateful to Muller for that miss today.
Pickford, 4 clean sheets thanks to some superb saves, excellent distribution and command of his area.
Kane, well I knew he would score today.
Finally, the introduction of Grealish, who most of us would have wanted as a starter was crucial to the final result.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We’re may only be through to the 1/4s but I don’t think the significance of that win can be overstated. We’ve waited for so many years, not just to beat Germany, but to beat a top nation in a tournament. That mental barrier has now been smashed.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Really good performance. Tactically spot on from Southgate. Can't really criticise any player. I don't really like Luke Shaw at wing back but he came up trumps 2nd half. You're never going to restrict Germany to zero chances but England were the better team on the day. Just the confidence building result this young side needed, and lots of attacking options off the bench. Roll on Saturday.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Dan Ellard":21t7p8x9 said:
Football, bloody hell.

Isn't football just the best? Those England fans at the end were just amazing.

We have a team that may not sparkle but they sure know how to win.

Aug 5, 2016
Mike Charlick":zze34jpl said:
Really good performance. Tactically spot on from Southgate. Can't really criticise any player. I don't really like Luke Shaw at wing back but he came up trumps 2nd half. You're never going to restrict Germany to zero chances but England were the better team on the day. Just the confidence building result this young side needed, and lots of attacking options off the bench. Roll on Saturday.

Shaw came up trumps because Grealish came on and passed to him. Sterling kept ignoring his runs and opting for his own dribbles.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
A lot of credit to Southgate here.

He stuck with Pickford, when many wouldn't have. He has been brilliant so far.

Having Walker and Trippier negated the threat of Gosens, who'd been superb until yesterday.

Yes, we seem slow and ponderous compared to many teams, but we're tight at the back and getting the job done so far.

Grealish changed the game and gave Shaw the chance to get forward. Very pleased Harry is off the mark.

MOTM: Phillips

Onwards... all roads lead to Rome