England (v Brazil) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

England (v Brazil)

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
After watching the first half, l thought there was some decent moments but that Brazil were the better side due to having that incision with their play in the final 3rd. Whether that was to beat a player or execute a good pass. Really, they should have been winning at HT. I wasn’t though unhappy with the England performance.

Second half was what l’ve seen too many times as an England fan. No width. Inverted wingers cutting back inside where it’s more crowded. A real lack of penetration that worries me because l’ve always questioned Southgate’s ability to change a game & all he did was change players without trying a few tactical tweaks.

In the end, Brazil were worthy winners because how good their were in transition & broke us down with more speed & precision

On Radio 5 l just heard both Konsa & Gordon say they thought we were the better team. Talking about having control of possession. You got to show more incisive play with possession otherwise it means nothing. I like the confidence of the young players but there are times you got to realise you were outplayed.

Reactions: unhinched

unhinched

🚑 Steve Hooper
Apr 16, 2016
On Radio 5 l just heard both Konsa & Gordon say they thought we were the better team. Talking about having control of possession.
Southgate talked similarly about having control of the game for long periods.
It's like a cult. Someone has to tell them that passing sideways and backwards for minutes at a time is not controlling the game - it's more like avoiding the contest.
'One ruthless moment' won Brazil the game he said. Foster talked of 'ruthless moments winning the game' in his interview after the Leeds defeat.
I'm probably being a bit harsh but double doses of turgid football is a lot to swallow.

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
As an aside...I watched the Wales v Finland game on Thursday. What a difference in entertainment value !. More or less end to end with quick , attacking football. Both sides looked pretty handy, Wales especially. IMO.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016