End of an era - Saturday 5pm football results being dropped by 5live | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

End of an era - Saturday 5pm football results being dropped by 5live

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Not sure about the argument about getting it elsewhere/on your phone.

If you’re listening to the radio, then you won’t be looking at your phone… indeed you might be listening to the radio to escape your phone! And visually impaired people may be using it also.

I suspect they’ll reverse it after the backlash, it’s only 5 minutes and they must be able to fit it somewhere.
What I mean is, by 5pm I normally already know the scores and if I am not coming out of a football ground I would rarely be listening to the radio. Great point about the visually impaired though.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Just a disgrace really. Decisions made by people who have no grasp of history and culture which I thought the BBC was supposed to be about?

It isn't 'sentimental stuff' Lundan, it is 'soul' it is 'history' it is 'tradition'.

Let's choose: practicality + modernism + trendiness vs soul + history + tradition? I'll take the second option!
Nothing wrong with being sentimental about soul, history and tradition. We could start a petition to bring it back along with Neighbours. ;)

Reactions: Since I Was 33

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Very disappointing from a station that doesn’t any more get the balance right and has got increasingly irritating and much less news based over the years. The bbc really needs to up its game on presenter quality

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Very disappointing from a station that doesn’t any more get the balance right and has got increasingly irritating and much less news based over the years. The bbc really needs to up its game on presenter quality
You could say the BBC with radio and television.
So many TV programmes past their sell by dates yet they continue to show with the same tired old formats.

Cheltnum Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 15, 2021
I suspect they’ll reverse it after the backlash, it’s only 5 minutes and they must be able to fit it somewhere.
They did, Chappers went though them at about 5:20. Wasn’t the same without the theme tune though.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I loved it that SSN announced that they at least were doing a classified check at 5pm until some radio stations!