Eating out! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Eating out!

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
To be honest my username is about four years out of date now, thanks to the whole Brexit embuggerance, so I'm probably not the best person to ask any more! But when I was living there I used to spend an inordinate amount of my cash at an Italian called La Piola, which is generally thought of as the best pizza in town. Also a brilliant Texas BBQ-style place called Holy Smoke Brussels.
Cheers! Will have a look at those, sounds good. Perhaps I should also ask the best beer house too? :)

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

Bovey Green lady

🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
If you're ever in western Cornwall, I went to the Star and Garter in Falmouth the other day - amazing views over the bay, fantastic food, nice atmosphere, a really fun town to spend some time in - I think it ticks all of those boxes.
We love Falmouth! We have at least 2 holidays there each year. We prefer Restaurant 4(to anyone who knows Falmouth it used to be Oliver's) and Tapas 18, (which was
Hunky Dory) both well worth visiting in their new guises.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Cheers! Will have a look at those, sounds good. Perhaps I should also ask the best beer house too? :)

So many to choose from! As long as you avoid the obvious tourist traps around the Grand Place (and an Irish pub near the European Parliament called the Old Hack, which was a favourite haunt of one N. Farage for many years), you'd really struggle to find a bad spot.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
So many to choose from! As long as you avoid the obvious tourist traps around the Grand Place (and an Irish pub near the European Parliament called the Old Hack, which was a favourite haunt of one N. Farage for many years), you'd really struggle to find a bad spot.
I seem to remember a great bar called le mort soldat or something like that. Last time I was there was for the Millennium celebrations.

Aug 14, 2014
Emu said:

Cheers! Will have a look at those, sounds good. Perhaps I should also ask the best beer house too?

Once went into a somewhat "up-market bar" in Bruges with a friend. The lady behind the bar heard us speaking English, asked us what we would like to drink adding in the same breath, "we don't sell Stella here." Perhaps this is of help Emu, we were pleased to hear that our choice of beer was narrowed down a little.

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
I have never had anything less than a superb meal at The Square overlooking Porthleven harbour if your'e down the sharp end and apart from very good food I once met Michael 'Trigger' Evans at The Turtley Corn Mill near Ivybridge (and not far from the sea at Noss Mayo). He kindly autographed my menu for me.

Sep 28, 2003
Thanks guys , keep them coming ,good food is close to the heart!
Have been to turtley cornmill lots of times , never disappointed, as for Jasons pies at passion for pie ,if you haven't tried them you are truly missing out ! don't forget they do deliveries !!!
The bay at Cawsands looks good ,Gnarly foods needs a visit !
My favourites are the
Dock ,Millbay rd,
Boscastle Farm Shop, on the cliffs, is all round excellent!
Turtley Corn Mill , about ten visits to date ! always good,
Headland Hotel Terrace restaurant Newquay , amazing place with views over Fistral beach and nice coast walks!
Positanos Plymouth ! a great place,
The Bridge at Mountbatten Brilliant ,
Jolly Jacks have been many times ! special place recommended by Ian a few years ago !

bd1981

Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 23, 2022
Plymouth
I have to throw Hub Box on Royal William Yard into the mix...best burger I have ever eaten having spent 41 years on the planet...

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I have to throw Hub Box on Royal William Yard into the mix...best burger I have ever eaten having spent 41 years on the planet...

Hub Box is decent, haven’t been back since they’ve moved though but will be different soon.

Fuel Catering is decent and good value for money. Plus the owner does a lot of fundraising for a Type 1 Diabetic charity

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London

Try Zephyr burgers, even better (y)

Currently in an alleyway on Mutley, but opening a proper restaurant just next to the Box very soon.

Reactions: Age of reason

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Try Zephyr burgers, even better (y)

Currently in an alleyway on Mutley, but opening a proper restaurant just next to the Box very soon.

Heard good things about them, I’m yet to try the burgers from there. But once the restaurant opens I will be trying them out

Sep 28, 2003
We eventually went to the BANK CORNISH TAPAS at Bude, all of us were well impressed it is Tapas but bigger portions and a choice of say 40 dishes you just order what you want and share, you certainly won't go hungry and the staff are all brill! really make your visit good ! many meat dishes ?whole lobsters , and much more , check it out!!! It has amazing reviews and you need to book ahead!

Reactions: Argyle Nutter

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Not recommending for an evening meal out or for a special occasion but, if you are in Plymouth. On my birthday we went into town, wandered around the Barbican etc and had a fish & chip lunch in the sit down above the Harbourside Chip Shop. Good food,Harbourside.jpg good service, cuppa. As I say not a special night out meal but really got the job done at lunchtime. Nice and cool by the window with a view past The Navy through to the Three Crowns!! ;)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I think Zephyrs has now opened on Drake Circus (the roundabout bit, not the mall), the bloke who runs it won national burger chef of the year recently.

Just up the road from there is Manuka, which does really really great pizzas.

Plymouth is great for food currently (y)