Drinking alcohol in your seat | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Drinking alcohol in your seat

Should fans be able to drink alcohol in their seat?

• Total voters
Jul 29, 2010
No.

It's bad enough having to stand up every time an individual who can't hold their p155 for 45 minutes or take their seat on time wants to shuffle past you.

Adding unlimited trips to the bar and the consequent additional bladder pressure is the last thing we need.

Aug 5, 2005
It's crazy how badly some people want this country to become like North Korea. Let people do what they want.
Yes. Exactly right. Every time there's a rule, it's just like North Korea.

Can't park on double yellows. It's just like North Korea.

Can't throw a crisp wrapper on the ground. It's just like North Korea

South Korea, do whatever you want - steal stuff and pee on a fireman if you like. But North Korea with their pesky 'rules'.

BTW, you can't disagree with me, because that would be restricting my free speech, just like they do in North K... well, you get the drift

Aug 10, 2006
why not you can drink in most grounds in europe at world cups euros ect. try it most people are grown up and sensible.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Personally, Iā€™m not particularly arsed one way or another (11am-2:30pm in the pub is for drinking) but some people on here acting like consuming alcohol before or during a football match is a deadly sin need to give their heads a wobble. Shock - the usual suspects are completely out of touch with social and cultural norms.

Bryan Tregunna

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
Sep 22, 2003
It seems that one of the main arguments here is that beer gets tossed around when we score a goal.

I imagine that this is because it has become the norm where fans have congregated to watch England. Someone started it and sheep have followed.

My first question is, does this only happen outdoors? My local landlord would not be happy if it happened in his pub.

Second, when Argyle have scored this season, I haven't seen Coffee, tea or Bovril been thrown into the air.

Third, at the venues where beer has been thrown, another can be bought. If the bars were closed during the game, would these lads (and I suggest they are almost exclusively lads) throw their beer into the air knowing that they won't be able to get another?

Mind you, there would have be a restriction on the number of skiffs that can be taken to your seat.

May 16, 2016
Personally, Iā€™m not particularly arsed one way or another (11am-2:30pm in the pub is for drinking) but some people on here acting like consuming alcohol before or during a football match is a deadly sin need to give their heads a wobble. Shock - the usual suspects are completely out of touch with social and cultural norms.
Maybe for some, it is a sin ?

Princerock

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
It seems that one of the main arguments here is that beer gets tossed around when we score a goal.

I imagine that this is because it has become the norm where fans have congregated to watch England. Someone started it and sheep have followed.

My first question is, does this only happen outdoors? My local landlord would not be happy if it happened in his pub.

Second, when Argyle have scored this season, I haven't seen Coffee, tea or Bovril been thrown into the air.

Third, at the venues where beer has been thrown, another can be bought. If the bars were closed during the game, would these lads (and I suggest they are almost exclusively lads) throw their beer into the air knowing that they won't be able to get another?

Mind you, there would have be a restriction on the number of skiffs that can be taken to your seat.
Maybe not too many get pie-eyed on Coffee, Tea or Bovril.....and of course those drinks can be rather hot on your fellow greens skin.

May 16, 2016
For the vast majority of supporters drinking into oblivion isnā€™t a prerequisite for watching a game of football. Nothing worse than somebody who tries to lecture others on how to live their lives.
Totally agree.

Mar 23, 2019
If you're worried about beer being thrown (which seems pointless and a waste to me) is that you pay Ā£10 for a cup plus whatever the drink costs, and you get that Ā£10 back when you return the cup at the end of the game.

Don't think people would be throwing their beers about at Ā£10 a pop. Plus obviously means recycling the cups which is good INNIT.