• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Drewe Broughton to argyle

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
It's funny - for some reason I have always had a memory of him scoring a headed goal against Argyle at Home Park stuck in my head. He was wearing a red shirt (so I guess it was when he was at Kidderminster) and it was at the Devonport End. There was a long ball through, I think it bounced on the way in, he was unmarked in behind the defence about 12 yards out and he looped a header over the keeper. Or something like that. I've no idea why that particular goal has kind of stuck itself in my head ever since.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Drewe Oliver Broughton (born 25 October 1978 in Hitchin) is an English professional footballer. He has made over 400 senior appearances for 18 different clubs in a career spanning 15 years.

G

Greenskin

The Doctor":2pvpcwhp said:
It's funny - for some reason I have always had a memory of him scoring a headed goal against Argyle at Home Park stuck in my head. He was wearing a red shirt (so I guess it was when he was at Kidderminster) and it was at the Devonport End. There was a long ball through, I think it bounced on the way in, he was unmarked in behind the defence about 12 yards out and he looped a header over the keeper. Or something like that. I've no idea why that particular goal has kind of stuck itself in my head ever since.

I think that may have been when the kick off was delayed for ages because there was a power cut or electrical failure of some sort.Also seem to remember Argyle had a dodgy penalty to win that game.It all seems like a million years ago now.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Journeyman League 2/Conference standard target man as I recall.

Remember seeing him play for Peterborough at Argyle in the 90's.

He'll be cheap that's for sure.

Nov 22, 2006
normally Drewe Broughton being linked to joining Argyle would make me cry but I don't care anymore if they can compete at a proffesional level thats good enough for me at the moment I'm afraid especially seeing as he's a striker and we don't have any

May 16, 2005
Elburton
Greenskin":1qmmprh2 said:
The Doctor":1qmmprh2 said:

I think that may have been when the kick off was delayed for ages because there was a power cut or electrical failure of some sort.Also seem to remember Argyle had a dodgy penalty to win that game.It all seems like a million years ago now.

That's the one!

My eldest was mascot that day for his tenth birthday. Mrs Elburton and I were frozen to the bone just stood on the touchline watching him having fun on the pitch while the electrics were being sorted out.

Sep 18, 2009
I remember that game, standing outside the ground waiting to go in. A goal down at half time but we turned it around in the second half. I signed Broughton for Argyle on Championship Manager a few years ago, he was carp and I got sacked.

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":1frimh26 said:
Drewe Oliver Broughton (born 25 October 1978 in Hitchin) is an English professional footballer. He has made over 400 senior appearances for 18 different clubs in a career spanning 15 years.

We are one of the few lower league clubs he hasn't played for, may be worth a try!!

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
Elburton":1cr3qk79 said:
Greenskin":1cr3qk79 said:
The Doctor":1cr3qk79 said:

That's the one!

My eldest was mascot that day for his tenth birthday. Mrs Elburton and I were frozen to the bone just stood on the touchline watching him having fun on the pitch while the electrics were being sorted out.

I was there too, one of the few who got inside the ground before the power went. The delay didn't bother me, I was 14 and excited to watch Argyle again. I don't think my grandad felt the same way though because of the temperature! Greenskin was correct, we won the game with a Wottsy Special, happy days. Nine years gone by already.

Match report