• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Donald Trump

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
I heard someone say the ‘American dream’ is that both Presidential candidates are involved in some kind of terrible accident so they can start the whole thing again.

It resembles some kind of third world banana republic where one candidate threatens to have the other one locked up when he wins. Just when it seems things can’t get any lower – they start digging deeper. It could be very funny – except it’s not. It really isn’t. Having said that I saw a great clip of a positively seething Robert Deniro passing opinion on Donald Trump which did make me laugh out loud.

Seriously though - what an advert for the democratic system.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
pilgrimage":35g5ldl1 said:
Mike Charlick":35g5ldl1 said:
Well that's him done for.

We've said that so many times but the electorate must be a bit thick.

No, the majority of those who back him are white, male, blue-collar workers who fear for their jobs. You take out all the racist, mysogynistic diatribe Trump spouts and you'll see the underlying message is about attacking free-trade, and protecting American jobs. That's the bit they hear, not the sensationalist bits: they might well disapprove of Trump talking up sexual assaults on women, but at the end of the day they worry about putting food on their family tables, so they'll vote for him - he's telling them what they want to hear. Problem for Trump is that appealing to this demographic won't do him any good because they're not in the majority.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Ave_IT":1raes1n3 said:
I heard someone say the ‘American dream’ is that both Presidential candidates are involved in some kind of terrible accident so they can start the whole thing again.

It resembles some kind of third world banana republic where one candidate threatens to have the other one locked up when he wins. Just when it seems things can’t get any lower – they start digging deeper. It could be very funny – except it’s not. It really isn’t. Having said that I saw a great clip of a positively seething Robert Deniro passing opinion on Donald Trump which did make me laugh out loud.

Seriously though - what an advert for the democratic system.

Wonder if there's time to repeal the 22nd Amendment?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Keyham Pilgrim":2q0boc1e said:
It's shows what a poor candidate Clinton is because anyone half decent what be miles ahead in the polls but the last one I saw she was only ahead by 4 points. I know polls are taken with a large pinch of salt but I can't believe it is even close. I have seen many American commentators shaking their head in disbelief that these 2 candidates are the best both parties can come up with.

I think that goes for both sides. If the republicans put up someone half decent they'd walk it as well.

Of the 4 POTUS and VP candidates the only one remotely competent is Pence and he's tied to the road crash that us Trump. Clinton has lucked in as any other political opponent and only her dirty laundry would be aired.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Ade the green":29tsk27s said:
Keyham Pilgrim":29tsk27s said:
It's shows what a poor candidate Clinton is because anyone half decent what be miles ahead in the polls but the last one I saw she was only ahead by 4 points. I know polls are taken with a large pinch of salt but I can't believe it is even close. I have seen many American commentators shaking their head in disbelief that these 2 candidates are the best both parties can come up with.

I think that goes for both sides. If the republicans put up someone half decent they'd walk it as well.

Of the 4 POTUS and VP candidates the only one remotely competent is Pence and he's tied to the road crash that us Trump. Clinton has lucked in as any other political opponent and only her dirty laundry would be aired.
I don’t get the anti-Hilliary intensity though. OK – so she’s not exactly an inspirational candidate, she’s been around for a hundred years, and any politician/ business leader/ union leader or taxi driver around for that long will have some baggage and ‘laundry’ they’d sooner keep quiet.

But what has she done to incur such ferocious hatred ? Some dubious emails she sent using a government server, allegations she tried to cover up her husband’s affairs and ‘dis’ the women, and allegations (unsubstantiated) that she may have been part of a security cock-up that led to four Americans being killed in Benghazi. Is that it? I doubt it comes down to what she’s done so much as what she represents – ie the embodiment of the liberal elite with their anti-American desire to do such shocking things as control gun ownership, have some form of universal health care and promote racial and sexual equality legislation.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
To be honest I have no idea why Clinton seems so unpopular with alot of Americans. I think it could be the case that Americans are like alot of other countries that they are fed up with the political establishment. It's the only reason that makes sense to me why Trump is still even close although still likely to lose.

Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Bizarre Trump Argyle link as Martin Gritton is interviewed about 'locker room banter' in today's guardian;

"Martin Gritton, who hung out in dressing rooms in Plymouth, Grimsby, Macclesfield and Stockport during a 14-year football career, says that locker room chat only qualifies when it’s funny. “Somehow I didn’t detect the humour in Trump’s delivery, it was just sinister,” he says. “There were personal attacks and it can get explicit at times, but it was always important that the person you’re talking about is in the room. It had to be inclusive.”

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
Kate Sponsor
Schuey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
T.O Support
Foodbank Donor
Sep 15, 2003
pilgrimage":1hiktd7m said:
Who is the Republican candidate now? Not trump.

?????

According to all the news channels he still is!

His latest is slagging off Paul Ryan, the highest serving elected politician in the GOP.

I had a lot of time and respect for Guilliano during and after 9/11 but some of the utter crap that he is coming out with, in support of Trump, beggars belief!

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
pilgrimage":tpgl207k said:
Who is the Republican candidate now? Not trump.

Yes he is. The GOP left it far, far too late to try and force him out, especially as the deadline to add candidates to the ballots has passed in most US states, and some 34,000 early votes in the 2016 Presidential election have already been cast.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
To be fair it was always questionable whether Trump was a true Republican and that bothered the senior party members ever since it was obvious he'd win the Republican nomination. But Donald Trump *is* the Republican nominee in the race for the White House, even if half of the senior party members have withdrawn their support for him (and it should be noted that Paul Ryan, the most senior member of the party, hasn't withdrawn his backing for Donald Trump - he is refusing to help with Trump's campaign). Right now the Republicans are in damage limitation mode, hoping against hope that Trump will stand aside before anything more toxic makes it to the press (and we're all waiting for someone to release the Apprentice tapes where he allegedly uses the n*gg*r word): their priority is protecting their control of the House and Congress.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Apparently there has been a release of a tape where the Donald says what Clinton did wasn't that bad. Of course, Trump's political stance changed really quite drastically once Obama was elected. In that instance he veered away from the democrats which may or may not point to rampant racism. Which is more in line with the Republicans anyway.

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Schuey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
Foodbank Donor
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Isn't it a bit peculiar to have candidate TV debates after thousands have already voted? :think:
What if you watch it and think: 'Scheisse, I voted for him!!' :shock: :lol: