• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Donald Trump

Sep 2, 2008
MickyD":tuyywzp6 said:
themightykeithfear":tuyywzp6 said:
Did anyone see the Trump video from yesterday? You know the guy who's had his freedom of speech taken away.

He had his trousers on back to front, (yes I know Biden is old and has a stutter), and talked about being back in the White House sooner than anyone thinks ! They're calling it Storming of The Capitol II - Return of Donny's Proud Boys. Yes it is a bit sinister, but priceless comedy value.
I don't think anyone could manage to put on a pair of zip-up trousers back to front (or were they elasticated?!) but the hoo-ha has been worth it because Trump will be absolutely furious about all the richly deserved mockery. (I must say, though, that the images do look reeeeeeally weird. The phrase "Action Man genitals" came to mind.)

What's not so funny is all this "reinstated in August" stuff that I fear could be the next big flashpoint. When this magical reinstatement fails to materialise (although note that no specific date has been given) the MAGA crazies will crank the frothing, bug-eyed fury up to 11, especially with people like General Michael Flynn (that's Michael Flynn the criminal, pardoned by Trump) openly endorsing a "Myanmar-Style" military coup - at a QAnon, rally, no less. (He quickly tried to deny that, but the lying, treasonous scumbag is on video.)

It's not a bit sinister, it's bloody terrifying.

I agree. I'm hoping though that there are more people in the US military that have more of a balanced view.

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Hores Everywhere":25z45eqj said:
Clip from a recent interview with Wayne Allyn Root:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1400881558681235456

:facepalm:
Yes, I happened to see that earlier: the (mercifully former) actual, real-life president of the actual, real-life United States in effect saying, "Uhhh, yuhhh, now dat's a rilly - rilly! - grade ideahhh."

On a directly related matter (because everything in the GOP/MAGAverse is directly related to the Big Lie these days, since that's all they've got):

Busted: GOP Officials Confronted With Evidence Of MAGA Riot Lies

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
mervyn":1x1xzkgb said:
Allen Wiesellberg, Trump’s Chief Financial Officer faces a Grand Jury today. Charges are quite minor, but the hope is he will spill the beans on Trump to get himself off the hook. Very American. Very interesting.
Yes indeed - and, by all accounts, it's just the start. Trump's lawyer Ron Fischetti has, of course, been out there "getting ahead of the story", as they say, trying very hard to give a sense of "Is dat all ya gat?" in order to minimise the whole thing in the public's perception, and to stoke the predictable "witch hunt" narrative. Equally predictably, Trump himself has been spewing out the usual "radical left deep state lawyers" routine because he knows it still hits the spot in MAGA world.

Weisselberg is still holding out because, like all those other saps throughout Trump's life, he evidently still believes that he'll be looked after. Well, he will be until he's no longer of use. They all believe they're special to him, don't they? Still, they say that psychopathic cult leaders can always sniff out the weak ones who are in desperate need of validation and approval.

Fischetti, incidentally, is 85. Nothing wrong with that per se, of course, but it does make you wonder how many other lawyers turned Trump down flat before Fischetti, with no future career to worry about, took up the poisoned chalice.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
MickyD":9smya4qk said:
Weisselberg is still holding out because, like all those other saps throughout Trump's life, he evidently still believes that he'll be looked after. Well, he will be until he's no longer of use. They all believe they're special to him, don't they?

Nah, Weisselberg is a different league to the rest: I've seen reference to him being "old school mob" and would never flip - he worked for Fred Trump back in the 70s and worked up from there. His legal team have already said he'd plead guilty (to whatever the charges are) and won't cooperate with the authorities. Because he's old school. And I bet Don is banking on that because I suspect if anyone knows the whereabouts of any skeletons in Trump's closets, it'll be Weisselberg.

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Quinny":p9sy8msu said:
MickyD":p9sy8msu said:
Weisselberg is still holding out because, like all those other saps throughout Trump's life, he evidently still believes that he'll be looked after. Well, he will be until he's no longer of use. They all believe they're special to him, don't they?

Nah, Weisselberg is a different league to the rest: I've seen reference to him being "old school mob" and would never flip - he worked for Fred Trump back in the 70s and worked up from there. His legal team have already said he'd plead guilty (to whatever the charges are) and won't cooperate with the authorities. Because he's old school. And I bet Don is banking on that because I suspect if anyone knows the whereabouts of any skeletons in Trump's closets, it'll be Weisselberg.
That is my concern, yes - but the prospect of spending the rest of his life in prison (he's 74) and, perhaps more significantly, possibly taking some of his family members with him, may yet shake a few of those skeletons loose.

The indictments are supposed to be unsealed at around 7pm our time - but, as I said, it's almost certainly just the start. Could be months of fun yet!

Willis88

50/50 Sponsor
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Such irony with all this given the resource Facebook sold to his first campaign. It's widely suggested the intel and data he received from Facebook in 2016 shot him to the win.

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
The tragedy is that, shocking though it still is on one level to have it more or less confirmed, it's not even remotely surprising any more - just like everything else in Trumpworld, in fact.

I'm currently about 2/3 through the latest Michael Wolff book, Landslide, recounting events before, during and after the 2020 election, and detailing Trump's truly deranged mentality, which is further destroying America even as I write, and the same applies: utterly unhinged, profoundly corrupt, totally illegal, fascistically inclined, but entirely to be expected after these last five or six years. Some of the details are still quite shocking but basically - yes, I know. Trump is genuinely insane now, and there are tens of millions of Americans in his psychotic cult who somehow need to be deprogrammed - but I don't think they ever will be.

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Make a date in your diaries for September 18th at the Capitol for possibly a far more serious re-run of January 6th, with all potential participants far better prepared and informed than last time.

There's been what might be called a cold civil war going on in America for decades now (certainly at least since the sixties in my own experience), but I fear that it may be about to heat up to boiling point. I can see multiple gun deaths the weekend after next.