• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Donald Trump

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Ade the green":o5pvs2wa said:
Quinny":o5pvs2wa said:
Pence tests negative.

Is this negative for being a human being?
:greensmile: We're now told that both POTUS and FLOTUS have "mild symptoms". Oh, and QAnon are lovin' it.

QAnon followers elated at Trump Covid news

On QAnon forums and Facebook groups, people traded conspiracy theories about Trump’s diagnosis, believing it to be part of an elaborate plan to isolate the leader while violent retribution is taken against believed evil-doers, a time known within the conspiracy theory as “the storm.”
Notable QAnon influencers spent early Thursday morning attempting to "decode" the president's tweet announcing he had the disease and trying to deduce clues from the statement's use of capital letters.
:facepalm: :lol:

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I may have read this wrong but if Trump and Pence die, pasoti becomes POTUS?? Really!! Begsy the Oval Office! :think:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Within one day of announcing he and the FLotUS have tested positive he has now been admitted to hospital.

Just a guess but when people get Covid I assume everyone starts with mild symptoms which get worse in certain people. Apart from the experimental drugs being used I also imagine his treatment will follow what has been prescribed to many, many others.

With that in mind, I’m not sure all is as well as his few tweets would lead us to believe even though as President he will have access to first class medical personnel and medication.

Jan 20, 2004
Ade the green":19u3c5k5 said:
Within one day of announcing he and the FLotUS have tested positive he has now been admitted to hospital.

Just a guess but when people get Covid I assume everyone starts with mild symptoms which get worse in certain people. Apart from the experimental drugs being used I also imagine his treatment will follow what has been prescribed to many, many others.

With that in mind, I’m not sure all is as well as his few tweets would lead us to believe even though as President he will have access to first class medical personnel and medication.

Well Ade you started this post in 2015 with the question "Will anybody stop him?"
So far no one has been able to, but maybe this virus will ? It does however throw a wrecking ball into morally minded individual thinking.

Up until yesterday people, myself included, were with good reason comparing him and his 'Proud Boys' to Hitler and his Brown Shirts, destined to lead the US and the rest of the world into a dark place. And with hindsight many would agree it would have been right to stop Hitler at all costs before he could carry out his evil theatre.

All of a sudden he is weak and vulnerable and the natural instinct of any moral individual is one of sympathy. If, as Ave it points out, he pulls through, his followers will put him on an even higher pedestal (if that were possible) and he will be able to carry on as before with a further endorsement.

I had this virus back in March, 59 years of age and in reasonable health but with mild asthma, it was about eight weeks from first symptoms to getting back to normal,. Trump 74 and overweight, the whole world is watching, with varied aspiration.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Mike E":3318ii92 said:
Ade the green":3318ii92 said:

Well Ade you started this post in 2015 with the question "Will anybody stop him?"
So far no one has been able to, but maybe this virus will ? It does however throw a wrecking ball into morally minded individual thinking.

Up until yesterday people, myself included, were with good reason comparing him and his 'Proud Boys' to Hitler and his Brown Shirts, destined to lead the US and the rest of the world into a dark place. And with hindsight many would agree it would have been right to stop Hitler at all costs before he could carry out his evil theatre.

All of a sudden he is weak and vulnerable and the natural instinct of any moral individual is one of sympathy. If, as Ave it points out, he pulls through, his followers will put him on an even higher pedestal (if that were possible) and he will be able to carry on as before with a further endorsement.

As you said Mike, 5 years is a long time I suspect to having a thread at the top of any forum and it does lead to acknowledging just how much his term (first) has impacted not only his nation but thoughts from the other side of the Atlantic (in some small way).

Since hearing the news I myself have gone back and forth with my reasoning. From thinking that with hindsight, would anyone have had remorse had Hitler, Stalin or Hussein succumbed to a fatal disease all the way to ambivalence, but I cannot bring myself to care about him and how he must be suffering. Maybe this will change if the worst becomes the worst, who knows?

I’m sure I had seen a breaking news Chiron that he had been put on oxygen which again would mean the affects are moving on apace. I also wonder why Melania wassn’t instructed to go to Walter Reed if they had the same symptoms?

Jan 20, 2004
May I add, my morals don't stretch that far that I can sympathise with this man. His actions (or inaction) has already caused a lot of suffering, and if he is allowed to carry on will, I am in no doubt whatsoever, cause even more division and misery.

Oct 9, 2003
Aberdeen
Ah, the soft, earthy, caring Left are out in force at this news I see. A 74 year old man is likely to face a real battle with this thing and it seems it's so hard to suppress the sense of anticipation and excitement judging by the last few pages.

"Hitler, Stalin or Hussein..." - :roll:

His personality and opinions are not for me and I was looking forward to him being deposed in the right way in November, but as Sajid Javed said, when it comes to this disease politics just doesn't come into it.

Sleep easy.

Sep 25, 2010
Frank, this is some sympathy to him.

But you must agree, his action or inaction, had directly led to the vast numbers of people contacting Covid and the amount of deaths

Even his action on Thursday, when he attended a fund raiser in NJ, has probably led to more of his OWN supporters getting Covid, and will subsequently DIE.

I have as much empathy to him, as he as shown to his people in USA. None.

Apparently, the WH, staff , normal office people, cleaners etc, are now terrified that they have caught the virus, because of his instructions of mask wearing, (just to save face).

9 people at the moment in the WH, have tested positive, So who is responsible for this.

Do I have sympathy for him, probably not.

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Frank_Butcher":f7tzcjc8 said:
Ah, the soft, earthy, caring Left are out in force at this news I see. A 74 year old man is likely to face a real battle with this thing and it seems it's so hard to suppress the sense of anticipation and excitement judging by the last few pages.

His personality and opinions are not for me and I was looking forward to him being deposed in the right way in November, but as Sajid Javed said, when it comes to this disease politics just doesn't come into it.

Sleep easy.
Well, I'll be perfectly frank (!) about it: I don't wish death on anyone (as I've said more than once before on this thread), but if he does die I won't shed a single tear - the same number he's shed over another human being in his entire life, I daresay.

What I worry about far more is the effect that Trump's death would have on America and the world. As if the US weren't already enough of a tinderbox, I don't think anyone can even imagine just what ramifications his death may have. Even being too ill to run for reelection boggles the mind.

I can still consider myself a soft, caring Leftie without particularly caring about the fate of that ogre. I feel under no ideological obligation to do so at all.

Jan 20, 2004
Frank_Butcher":2qehhrim said:

Sleep easy.

I agree Frank the best outcome, would be for him to lose a fair and democratic election, which according to opinion polls was on course to happen, and would draw a line under this sorry presidency bringing back some sort of order to democracy in the US.

The alternative of four more years or more is unthinkable. On this occasion if you believe in democracy, weather you lean to the left or the right (or god forbid the centre ground) politically should not really matter.

Sep 6, 2006
Frank_Butcher":1a2tcvbu said:

Sleep easy.

Frank can't just wait to have a pop at the Left despite claiming he is not Right wing himself. Would the planet and mankind be better without Trump one way or the other? There's only one answer. Let's leave it at that.
Additionally he has of course brought it all on himself.