• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)

Donald Trump

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
For a compulsive, proven liar like Trump then it’s natural to assume this is yet another example. But then again this virus is now very widespread in the US and Trump meets a lot of people who in turn meet a lot of people and he (and many of them) are complete morons who think masks and precautions are for wimps – so the odds on him getting it at some point are very high.

I’m not sure what to hope for though. I wouldn’t want him to die – not because it would be a great loss to humanity (quite the opposite) but he’d then morph into a saint for the nutter right-wingers & conspiracy theory fruit-cakes. I wouldn’t want him to shrug it off like it was just a bit of a cold like he said it was either…..the sociopath has zero human empathy already and he’d feel like superman and be treated even more as mister macho by his base. So I guess I hope for something pretty scary and bad from which he recovers (maybe not fully though) so that even he might then stop talking about his quack remedies and d.i.y cures. Does that make me a bad person :oops: ?

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Again, it isn't his choice. If he's incapacitated in any way, the decision is made for him.

Anyway, Amy Coney Barrett. She's been in close proximity to Trump and Pence (we're still waiting to see if he's got 'Rona or not), but she *should* quarantine. Which make it interesting in that her confirmation hearing is supposed to start in 10 days.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Quinny":282op6a1 said:
Again, it isn't his choice. If he's incapacitated in any way, the decision is made for him.

Anyway, Amy Coney Barrett. She's been in close proximity to Trump and Pence (we're still waiting to see if he's got 'Rona or not), but she *should* quarantine. Which make it interesting in that her confirmation hearing is supposed to start in 10 days.
Boom!! ..... Hadn't thought of that. Surely this gives the Dems a fighting chance to delay the whole thing 'til November 4th at the earliest? :thumbup:

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Ave_IT":3o94a54k said:
Boom!! ..... Hadn't thought of that. Surely this gives the Dems a fighting chance to delay the whole thing 'til November 4th at the earliest? :thumbup:

I was reading up in the last hour that the quickest approval from the start of a confirmation hearing is 16 days (John Paul Stevens) ... followed by Sandra Day O'Connor at 33 days. The election is 32 days away. The Democrats might not have to delay to the 4th - even a few weeks delay could scupper the approval vote, especially if the Democrats get control of the Senate.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Martyn":1mjt7pdv said:
To follow on from that, if Trump gets worse and ill, would the election be delayed.

I really don't think so. He couldn't campaign, but the chances of the election being postponed is very, very remote.

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Quinny":rat8e51v said:
Amendment 25, innit? It isn't Trump or Pence's call at the end of the day.
True, but imagine the lengths the GOP will go to in order to prevent it - and the turmoil in the country even at the prospect of a President Pelosi, however temporary.

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Ave_IT":2btmfusx said:
For a compulsive, proven liar like Trump then it’s natural to assume this is yet another example. But then again this virus is now very widespread in the US and Trump meets a lot of people who in turn meet a lot of people and he (and many of them) are complete morons who think masks and precautions are for wimps – so the odds on him getting it at some point are very high.

I’m not sure what to hope for though. I wouldn’t want him to die – not because it would be a great loss to humanity (quite the opposite) but he’d then morph into a saint for the nutter right-wingers & conspiracy theory fruit-cakes. I wouldn’t want him to shrug it off like it was just a bit of a cold like he said it was either…..the sociopath has zero human empathy already and he’d feel like superman and be treated even more as mister macho by his base. So I guess I hope for something pretty scary and bad from which he recovers (maybe not fully though) so that even he might then stop talking about his quack remedies and d.i.y cures. Does that make me a bad person :oops: ?
If you're a bad person then so am I, because that's pretty much my thinking too!

Willis88

50/50 Sponsor
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I'm calling BS on this.

Give it 2 weeks and he'll be on TV saving how he recovered "faster than anyone, the doctors were amazed by my rate of recovery, they say 'how's that even possible, this guy must be the healthiest person in the world'".

As much as I despise the man I wouldn't wish ill on anyone, and I refuse to believe this is anything other than an election play to improve his image as the man who recovered corona and clearly has the best health of anyone, ever.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Willis88":3a2gyu20 said:
I'm calling BS on this.

Give it 2 weeks and he'll be on TV saving how he recovered "faster than anyone, the doctors were amazed by my rate of recovery, they say 'how's that even possible, this guy must be the healthiest person in the world'".

As much as I despise the man I wouldn't wish ill on anyone, and I refuse to believe this is anything other than an election play to improve his image as the man who recovered corona and clearly has the best health of anyone, ever.

I can see why people could think it's BS, but I simply can't. Trump's Covid message has been that he's handled the pandemic really well, and yesterday said that the end of the pandemic is in sight. And then it's said he's got it. And Pence - the head of the Covid-19 taskforce - can't protect his boss from catching it. The next Presidential debate will probably be cancelled. Trumps' next three election rallies in key states - they'll have to be cancelled. If there's a game being played out here, I'm stumped if I can read it.

With US trust in their Government at an all-time low, that really isn't the message which they want to put forward, even if Trump does make a swift recovery.

Willis88

50/50 Sponsor
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Quinny":1lsmru6o said:
Willis88":1lsmru6o said:
I'm calling BS on this.

I can see why people could think it's BS, but I simply can't. Trump's Covid message has been that he's handled the pandemic really well, and yesterday said that the end of the pandemic is in sight. And then it's said he's got it. And Pence - the head of the Covid-19 taskforce - can't protect his boss from catching it. The next Presidential debate will probably be cancelled. Trumps' next three election rallies in key states - they'll have to be cancelled. If there's a game being played out here, I'm stumped if I can read it.

With US trust in their Government at an all-time low, that really isn't the message which they want to put forward, even if Trump does make a swift recovery.

Maybe I'm just incapable of believing anything that comes out of his mouth. But I'm betting on a miracle recovery.

What's going to boost his followers more? Trump recovery, "proving its nothing to be scared of", motivating them to point at the Dems and say "you're all cowards".

Its the boy who cried wolf for me. If he has it then I hope he recovers (like I would anyone), if he doesn't I hope the BS is called out.

Also, I think avoiding the debates are probably the best outcome for him, he was so so so shocking in the last one

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
If he did actually die .....can you imagine what the conspiracy theory nut-jobs like Q-Anon will make of it? :facepalm:

My God they'll have a field day won't they. Obviously, it wouldn't be COVID-19 that killed him (that doesn't really exist does it?) but some dastardly deep-state poison that stopped him just before his landslide second election victory after which he would have finally exposed them all and saved mankind from the mind-control vaccine ..... blah, blah....

Sep 25, 2010
Ave_IT":2p6icjzo said:
If he did actually die .....can you imagine what the conspiracy theory nut-jobs like Q-Anon will make of it? :facepalm:

My God they'll have a field day won't they. Obviously, it wouldn't be COVID-19 that killed him (that doesn't really exist does it?) but some dastardly deep-state poison that stopped him just before his landslide second election victory after which he would have finally exposed them all and saved mankind from the mind-control vaccine ..... blah, blah....

Deep state poison,

like novochok you mean

Blimey, I getting like QAnon :greensmile: