• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Donald Trump

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Pilgrim_Joe":1tj5iej9 said:
Kentishgreen":1tj5iej9 said:
Anyone seen No Country For Old Men?

It'll soon be no country for anyone.

Never in my lifetime have I seen a democratically elected leader who actively promotes division and mistrust, purely for their own benefit.

He would literally rather reduce the country to rubble to try and enhance his own electoral prospects. No attempt to try and be the solution rather than the problem for the American people.

It's not a Democrat, Republican thing at all. It's a human vs sociopath thing :facepalm:

Watched the debate, bought the T-shirt.

“Will you shut up man!”

Biden Harris

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
I think I'm past any capacity for surprise now, but I can still be shocked - by such revelations that the bloody Department of Homeland Security, set up following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, told its officials to make sympathetic public comments about Kyle Rittenhouse, the white supremacist terrorist who killed people openly on the streets of Kenosha with an assault rifle a few weeks ago. Apparently he was "defending small business owners" and "acting in self-defence"!!!!!

Breaking down DHS talking points that were sympathetic to Kyle Rittenhouse

Aug 5, 2015
Nothing surprises me. I try to avoid debates, party politicals, programmes like question time and talk radio. They’re all totally crap. I have to admit to being swayed by a debate once in my life. Turns out that was one too many. I have some close relatives in the US. All I can say is God help all Americans, please.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
One thing that I did like about the debate and wish it had happened 4 years ago was that the debaters were kept apart. Even though Biden is no Clinton, the one image I have of the 2016 debates was Trump looming over a diminutive female.

If the first debate was supposedly the Trump friendly one of the 3 (possibly 4) it shouldn’t bode well for the orange faced baby.

The things I remember are the things so widely reported and even before the actual debate, Tucker Carlson tried to hold up Biden as a semi incoherent, dementia sufferer with occasional good minutes that coincidentally happen around debating schedules (don’t be fooled).

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Call me a cynic, but with the news today of Trump testing positive for Coronavirus coming after his terrible debate against Joe Biden and with the next scheduled for Tuesday ..........

Also, this news has left me feeling “so what”.

Although, he could always try drinking bleach.

Feb 24, 2009
Bedfordshire
Ade the green":5d66w7fs said:
Call me a cynic, but with the news today of Trump testing positive for Coronavirus coming after his terrible debate against Joe Biden and with the next scheduled for Tuesday ..........

Also, this news has left me feeling “so what”.

Although, he could always try drinking bleach.

It's not just me then Ade. My initial thoughts when I heard the news was 'Fake news...' This is all too coincidental for my liking.

Talking of liking, I noticed when the BBC showed the tweet from Trump confirming his positive test there was 255K likes!

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Yes, I kind of hate myself for even thinking that it might all be a super-convenient lie - but that's what four years of Trump have done to us all. Not only does it give him a sympathy bump and a way to avoid further debates; but if he doesn't get ill (which he won't if it's a lie!) then it will also feed into his "Told you there's nothing to it!" Covid narrative.

Trump's ignorance did always make me laugh when he said that he and his entourage were "safe" because they got tested every day. Yeah, good for you, but that doesn't mean that you can't actually get infected.

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
And speaking of not being surprised...

White House officials knew Hicks tested positive -- but Trump still traveled for a fundraiser

As the nation reacts to the news of President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump’s coronavirus diagnoses, some are also raising questions about the administration’s handling of the situation after top Trump aide Hope Hicks confirmed that she had tested positive.

A small group of White House officials knew by Thursday morning that Hicks had contracted Covid-19, according to CNN Correspondent Kaitlan Collins -- but Trump still took a trip to New Jersey for a fundraiser, and press secretary Kayleigh McEnany still held a news briefing at the White House on Thursday.

McEnany didn't wear a mask at the briefing, and made no mention of Hicks' diagnosis to reporters in the room, Collins said.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Martyn":1pwta1zx said:
Trump getting Covid ?

Surely it is ‘fake news’, it is a bit convenient

It seems convenient, but given the run up to November and the amount of work it takes to put together a run for the Oval Office, the number of people who come together, and their shared scepticism over Covid, this was something which was waiting to happen. And, IIR, the Presidential personal physician is military, so I can't see them being dragged into some kind of conspiracy.

Nah, I think this is genuine.

Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
MickyD":233nvmyh said:
And speaking of not being surprised...

White House officials knew Hicks tested positive -- but Trump still traveled for a fundraiser

As the nation reacts to the news of President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump’s coronavirus diagnoses, some are also raising questions about the administration’s handling of the situation after top Trump aide Hope Hicks confirmed that she had tested positive.

A small group of White House officials knew by Thursday morning that Hicks had contracted Covid-19, according to CNN Correspondent Kaitlan Collins -- but Trump still took a trip to New Jersey for a fundraiser, and press secretary Kayleigh McEnany still held a news briefing at the White House on Thursday.

McEnany didn't wear a mask at the briefing, and made no mention of Hicks' diagnosis to reporters in the room, Collins said.

Thing is, it takes several days after being infected for tests to return positive, so if Hicks tested positive on Thursday, and then Trump, Melania, etc test positive on Thursday evening, it is highly likely they were infected from a common source at the same time. And that Trump's entourage had likely all been exposed earlier in the week. But, yeah, it doesn't look good on the Administration if they went to NJ while waiting for Trump's test results.

Of bigger concern would be tracing all of those who would have been in contact with them over the course of the week - even Biden shared a stage with Trump for the debate (although they didn't get that close nor shook hands). This could turn into a bit of a nightmare for them, with other rallies in the diary which will need to be cancelled, the next debate (although cancelling that would be a good thing for the rest of us) etc.

The only real hope is that Trump and Pence are both infected and are too ill to run the country, because Pelosi will get promoted temporarily to the Oval Office.

MickyD

Pasoti Donor
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Quinny":cy150lyz said:
The only real hope is that Trump and Pence are both infected and are too ill to run the country, because Pelosi will get promoted temporarily to the Oval Office.
Cue civil war! :greensmile:

I worry about turning into a conspiracy theorist myself at this point, but what if this is Trump's "out" without losing the election and without going to prison as a private citizen because he'll be "too ill to stand trial"?

Sep 25, 2010
MickyD":3iqjbcvj said:
Quinny":3iqjbcvj said:
Cue civil war! :greensmile:

I worry about turning into a conspiracy theorist myself at this point, but what if this is Trump's "out" without losing the election and without going to prison as a private citizen because he'll be "too ill to stand trial"?

Just a thought, If Trump and Pence, were on their ‘death bed’, no way whatsoever would they sign over to Pelosi

Even though, it would be so ironic and wonderful, if she took over. :lol: