Do we have a PLAN B that can be our PLAN A next season? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Do we have a PLAN B that can be our PLAN A next season?

Mar 14, 2009
So plan A is park the bus. If we go a goal down have a go 10/15 mins from the end and try and get something.

Yet, Plan A has been park the bus now for majority of the home matches. Its great we battle, fight and scrap but I think perhaps there should be more. What is the plan when we take on particular teams? Do we set up differently when playing other teams. Whether its 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 it all seems similar to me as all 10 men get behind the ball.

So I have seen all the home league games. I'm trying to find a method to our play. Today if you asked most of us we knew we would park the bus. I knew for example he would play 4-5-1. Nothing else would of even come accross Fletcher's mind. S

So has anyone seen anything different in terms of his ablity to have a Plan B? A way of not only pressing up the pitch but gaining control of a match when we fall behind? It OK defending for our lives but we are afterall playing a game of football. There should be a point, where as a fan, we have a period of pocession and a few shots at goal. Afterall, isnt that why we watch football. To see goals?

So this isnt a critiscim. As maybe people have been to away games I havent seen. Maybe they even see a different style of play. Yet the reason I raise this is because since our relegation from the championship I dont remember many games where we dont sit back. Maybe, this is a problem that stems from previous managers and has got into the clubs pysche. I cant put my finger on why we dont take a game to the opposition any more? The last time was under Holloway. 4-4-2 and we knew would score. Now we only score a goal a game, apart from the odd exception. I dont think its just the personnel that causes this.

I know we are 7pts clear. Yet today if we were only 2pts clear I have the feeling we would of played in the same manner. As a fan I think its a shame as a football club our decline in our status has also seen us become more reserved, until the point where we dont know any other way. I would love to see people bombing forward. I miss old fashioned wingers taking on the full back and getting good qualty crosses into the box. Reading's Jimmy Kebe was a great example of that yesterday. Brillant ball in the box. Didnt even have to do a trick. Then, BANG, onto Jason Roberts head.

So is any one else desperate not just a change in just in fortunes, but after witnessing 3 years of backs to the wall football, a change in our mentality and style of play? Do you think Fletcher can deliver this? I'm not looking for promotion/play-off football but a PLAN B that actually turs in PLAN A and has us dictating the flow of a game. If we get done on the counter attack then so be it. I find it much better than sitting back and waiting to see if the opposition wiil score.

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
we havnt got whats needed up front or in the middle,,think that will change next year,well i hope it will,,,staying up will be fantastic but the fans wont settle for that next season imo,,,

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Graham Evans":3ce68brp said:
It wont change if Fletcher is still in charge and Walton is still captain , both need to be shown the door asap.

Just to cancel out your opinion, I think they're both brilliant and we should spend any extra income on this pair. :whistle:

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Graham Evans":2ubhna99 said:
It wont change if Fletcher is still in charge and Walton is still captain , both need to be shown the door asap.

:iagree:

There is no Plan B. Fletcher is tactically naiive IMHO. OK our priority was to stay up this year but I don't think even the happy clappers and green tints will be happy with this these type of performances next season.

We should be pushing for the playoffs as a minimum FFS

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
samjones":37eysvqt said:
Graham Evans":37eysvqt said:

There is no Plan B. Fletcher is tactically naiive IMHO. OK our priority was to stay up this year but I don't think even the happy clappers and green tints will be happy with this these type of performances next season.

Nice to know your still around mate.
not RELEGATED to the sidelines :tumbleweed:

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
samjones":3vv5uk55 said:
Graham Evans":3vv5uk55 said:

You still lurking around here .......................... now we are just about safe cant you just sod off

Jan 26, 2012
Graham Evans":2qo86c50 said:
The manager that has all but kept us up needs to be sacked. You're such an idiot, imo you should be shone the door and i bet many agree.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
SamJones :funny: :funny: :funny:

There's more chance of Fletcher being poached then JB relieving him of his duties.

I'd be drowning my sorrows instead of posting on here if my team had throw away a two goal lead to Rochdale to cement their place in the cack after a brief moment of hope :funny:

Nov 8, 2010
We've been fighting for our survival, what did people expect, Total Football? This isn't Football manager where you can just throw on a couple of pacey wingers and set the passing option to "short". Our style suits the team we've got, we almost caused a big upset today.

I hope we're just as organised next season, but better going forwards. An improvement in style will come with an improvement in personnel. When Nick Chadwick is your most potent goalscoring threat, it's a sign that the club needs more quality up front. With some of the budget being freed up, and being one of the bigger names in this division, we should be able to attract talent next season.

Still, I'd sooner we were cautious and stuck with players we've got rather than rushing into buying a team to get out of this division but messing up the fundamentals of picking out a good player. Otherwise we could so easily become an another Bradford.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
BethelGreen":3jp3ec5s said:
SamJones :funny: :funny: :funny:

There's more chance of Fletcher being poached then JB relieving him of his duties.

I'd be drowning my sorrows instead of posting on here if my team had throw away a two goal lead to Rochdale to cement their place in the cack after a brief moment of hope :funny:

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Whats even funnier is you think I'm a sh1tty fan just proving what a numpty you really are
:funny: ;

L

Lee Roberts

It's so hard to judge Fletcher as a mangaer given the dire league position and off field problems he inherited.

He's made us hard to beat and performances have been workmanlike. The attitude is to keep a clean sheet and guarantee

a point. Now if we are safe after Saturday I would love him to experiment slightly and play Young in the middle with maybe

Wotton and get our wide players to attack more. The players are capable it's just changing their mindset which won't be

easy after the season we've had.

N

newquaygreen

The type of tactics we are using now are to ensure we stay up by any means possible.
Next season will be a different thing altogether as we will have lost some players, gained others and have a settled board.
It can only get better!!!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
World of difference between being able to outplay a majority of teams to win more than you lose, and parking the bus fingers crossed for survival like this year.

Needs must n all that. I'm not expecting a promo challenge and a rise of fifteen or so places, given the lack of money after continuing to meet debts. But if Chadwick and Feeney are still the "threat" offered up front come August, I for one shall be going nowhere near HP. Some L2 standard players in the key position isn't that much to ask for 20+ quid is it?