Disabled Parking | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Disabled Parking

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
I read this as meaning you can pay for a reserved space in the club car park or you can use a space in the P&R like any other car park user for free. If anyone knows different, perhaps they could say why I am mistaken.

Mar 12, 2011
Plymouth
My i make a comment regarding disabled parking at Higher Home Park , my Brother who is 86 years old and myself which is 80 years registered disabled with a Blue Parking permits( which we were quite happy to pay for), for
a parking spot at Home Park until the upgrade of the new update of the Mayflower Stand and where told because of the upgrade and shortage of space we would loose this parking spot, which we understood and accepted, but were told that as soon as spaces became available we would be informed.
In a recent survey which i filled out, and had a reply from the club that i did not meet the criteria , so what i would like to ask the club if 2 fans who have supported this club one since 1948 & myself since 1952, season ticket holders for well over 20 years plus especially during the dark days, who have mobility problems do not meet your Criteria please tell us what is the criteria which is required to get a permit .

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
My i make a comment regarding disabled parking at Higher Home Park , my Brother who is 86 years old and myself which is 80 years registered disabled with a Blue Parking permits( which we were quite happy to pay for), for
a parking spot at Home Park until the upgrade of the new update of the Mayflower Stand and where told because of the upgrade and shortage of space we would loose this parking spot, which we understood and accepted, but were told that as soon as spaces became available we would be informed.
In a recent survey which i filled out, and had a reply from the club that i did not meet the criteria , so what i would like to ask the club if 2 fans who have supported this club one since 1948 & myself since 1952, season ticket holders for well over 20 years plus especially during the dark days, who have mobility problems do not meet your Criteria please tell us what is the criteria which is required to get a permit .
Have you asked the Club, happy??
Sounds wrong but obviously someone at the Club needs to look at it and come back to you.
I'm sure you'll get a reply on here but direct to the club (as well?) is probably best for all.

Sep 2, 2008
Maybe even though the club know how many disabled season ticket holders they have, they haven’t catered for all of them that responded wanting a spot and so you don’t meet the criteria because there are no more spaces left. Basically, you snooze you lose.

Surely the comms with the disabled customers wasn’t an after thought? Thought about after the plans for the car park (including disabled spaces) was already approved :unsure:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Maybe even though the club know how many disabled season ticket holders they have, they haven’t catered for all of them that responded wanting a spot and so you don’t meet the criteria because there are no more spaces left. Basically, you snooze you lose.

Surely the comms with the disabled customers wasn’t an after thought? Thought about after the plans for the car park (including disabled spaces) was already approved :unsure:
80 year old disabled long-term supporter asks about the criteria for disabled parking this season.

Your response? : 'You snooze you lose!'

Really??

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
As someone who once had a blue badge (fortunate not to need it currently) I never understood why disabled parking was subsidized. You are disabled not poor. Accessible yes, free no. Hence some councils charge for disabled parking others not.

Argyle are no different. ÂŁ100 for a guaranteed parking spot at the entrance to the ground? If there are any non disabled spots available at this price where do i sign up.

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
Hi,

Last season we offered spaces in the park and ride free to a limited number of disabled supporters. This season the club has invested heavily into parking to reduce our reliance on the park and ride and thus making more spaces available to match day users. Something we know was a frustration for supporters last season.

As our on site parking capacity has increased, we felt again we could offer a limited number of bays to disabled supporters to reserve. The changes have resulted in us also ensuring that in addition to the disabled spaces being offered by the club there is also a circa 20 disabled bays in the park and ride, making us more accessible.

We asked any disabled supporters who wished to reserve one of our spaces to fill out a form which was created with the help of PADSA. The form does advise that the space may be chargeable.

If you do not wish to pay to reserve a space then you have the option to park in one of the disabled bays in the park and ride instead, however this would be unreserved. The charge covers the costs (ÂŁ5 per game) for us to reserve and steward the space which we think is reasonable.

CK
Hi,

Just a quick question. I suffer with cerebral palsy and have never informed Argyle of this.

Although I can walk mostly unaided, I do walk with a limp and I do struggle on my feet sometimes, especially in large crowds. I sit in the Upper Grandstand currently.

Is this something I need to raise with someone at the Club so they are informed? It's just I have a PEEP with my employer and it just made me think I may need one with Argyle.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 17, 2022
East of the tamar
Hi,

Just a quick question. I suffer with cerebral palsy and have never informed Argyle of this.

Although I can walk mostly unaided, I do walk with a limp and I do struggle on my feet sometimes, especially in large crowds. I sit in the Upper Grandstand currently.

Is this something I need to raise with someone at the Club so they are informed? It's just I have a PEEP with my employer and it just made me think I may need one with Argyle.

Thanks in advance.
I would just to be safe

Reactions: Leon Horn
Sep 2, 2008
It was my interpretation of what I thought the club might actual mean although they couldn't come out and say it like that.

Will be interesting to see if HappyDays receives a response. Even more interesting will be what the criteria is.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
It was my interpretation of what I thought the club might actual mean although they couldn't come out and say it like that.

Will be interesting to see if HappyDays receives a response. Even more interesting will be what the criteria is.
Sorry, my mistake. I thought that your post on pasoti might represent your views.
I didn't realise that you were giving an answer on behalf of the club based on their views/criteria which you don't yet know. ;)

Mar 12, 2011
Plymouth

So your view is first come, first served is the criteria, i responded to the club accepting that we were not given a parking spot and there possibly were more deserving cases, as we would probably tick most of the boxes required i asked what was the criteria required, i have had no reply, i think this will be our last season, so much for loyalty.

Last edited:

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
So your view is first come, first served is the criteria, i responded to the club accepting that we were not given a parking spot and there possibly were more deserving cases, as we would probably tick most of the boxes required i asked what was the criteria required, i have had no reply, i think this will be our last season, so much for loyalty.
Out of interest, which email have you been using to contact Argyle? Or by phone etc?

If you haven’t already try disability@pafc.co.uk or supporters@pafc.co.uk

Reactions: happydays69