• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Dirty Northern Barsteward

subbuteo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 12, 2009
The abuse of Alan Ball's hat was outrageous and downright derogatory.

BeetleBurger

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Mar 9, 2017
West Yorkshire, formally Plymouth
I live is West Yorkshire and the in laws always refer to me as the "Shandy Drinking Southerner" Doesn't bother me in the slightest and I refer to them as Northern Wife Beaters and they dont take it to heart.

• Haha
Reactions: saxman

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm truly amazed you don't suffer from PTSD. How can people be so cruel. ;)

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
I took a Blackpool mate of mine to Argyle v Exeter a couple of years ago. I told him all about the ironic Dirty Northern Barstewards chant & he thought it hilarious when a City player clattered into an Argyle player resulting in the ensuing diatribe. 😀

Oct 30, 2006
Plymouth
I hope it is only you but I fear I'd be wrong.

It's a funny old world these days.

I'd have 'Welcome to Hell' emblazoned on the Devonport End roof if I could.

It's footie not a church meeting.
I obviously didn't manage get my point across well enough Ian. I don't give a toss about upsetting the opposing fans with s song and I totally agree with you about making Home Park the gates of hell etc. I also totally get and have laughed every time, especially when sung whilst playing against TUFC & ECFC or Yeovil or any other team that is South of Watford, because that's the point of the joke. They ain't northern but to us all teams are Northern. I Get the joke and would also love our ground to feared with a more imtimadating atmosphere for the opposing teams.
Trust me when I say I ain't no wallflower. Spending thirty years in prison leaves you all but that I can assure you.
So my point is that of late it's bothered me more, but only because of the fact that I want RL and his team to stay as long as possible. I rate him highly and just thought with him being a passionate Northerner, along with the majority of his backroom staff, and players for that matter. I just thought would it not be a bit considerate to just lay off from shouting Dirty Northern illegitimates from the terraces while their here.
That's all
I remember Chelsea fans changing their song for Frank LeBeoff because it had swearing in it and his young son came to the games so he asked the fans if they could sing a different one.
It was... he's ere, he's there, he's every F......
Changed to he's ere he's there we're not aloud to swear Frank Le Beoff.
Fans humours great and perhaps some clever one can think of another version that is just as clever.

Reactions: IJN