'diddy poo' (Owls Forum) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

'diddy poo' (Owls Forum)

Sep 9, 2021
Wouldn’t it be amazing (all posts set aside)
Big club with huge following like Wednesday and a smaller club with more passionate fans like (us) argyle both go up this season

Reactions: Devongreenowl

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Big club with huge following like Wednesday and a smaller club with more passionate fans like (us) argyle both go up this season

i would prefer us and a smaller club financially speaking to go up with us rather than Wednesday - would be helpful to have a lesser resourced team in the championship to help us to stay in that division for the 1st season at least.

Reactions: Drake
May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
When queuing to get in on Saturday a few groups of Wednesday fans went past singing “you’re only here for the Wednesday”, “what’s it like to see a crowd”, etc. That is why it’s sweeter to beat teams like these. Teams like Burton and Morecambe aren’t up their own holes.
Oh ffs. Of course, we’ve never heard the Devonport End sing that crowd chant have we. There’s a few on here definitely up their own holes. Nice to see posters like IJN who is clearly in touch with reality on this
ps I’ve never heard the Wednesday fans sing that crowd song and in fact have only ever heard it at Argyle. I’ve got a shed as big as this, yes.

Last edited:
May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Good post Carts, but I always like to think of Argyle as a potential big club. Great support home and away, with potential for much bigger if only someone one day properly invests to get this big city a team befitting it’s status. I say that with all respect to SH who has done a marvellous job and I wish someone like him, with perhaps greater wealth, was in control at Hillsborough.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Wednesday are obviously a bigger club that Argyle. That doesn't mean that quite a lot of the fans that passed the queues for the Lyndhurst on Saturday weren't dickheads, chanting and taunting the waiting home fans as if they were Champions League winners and we were some little piece of poo on their shoes. But it's probably not that different when we travel away to smaller clubs. There are dickheads supporting all teams.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Wednesday are obviously a bigger club that Argyle. That doesn't mean that quite a lot of the fans that passed the queues for the Lyndhurst on Saturday weren't dickheads, chanting and taunting the waiting home fans as if they were Champions League winners and we were some little piece of poo on their shoes. But it's probably not that different when we travel away to smaller clubs. There are dickheads supporting all teams.
Absolutely correct. I didn’t hear any of it myself Doc, but I was inside the ground by the time the late-coming drunk types arrived. On every away game I’ve gone to with Argyle in recent seasons, I’ve certainly heard the 'Swindon's (insert name of club as required) a s***hole, I wanna go home' song. Home games, What’s it like to see a crowd, you could have come in a taxi etc etc.
I actually wish that the Dport End had been inventive enough to make up a song about our terrible pink kit. I would have applauded it myself.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Absolutely correct. I didn’t hear any of it myself Doc, but I was inside the ground by the time the late-coming drunk types arrived. On every away game I’ve gone to with Argyle in recent seasons, I’ve certainly heard the 'Swindon's (insert name of club as required) a s***hole, I wanna go home' song. Home games, What’s it like to see a crowd, you could have come in a taxi etc etc.
I actually wish that the Dport End had been inventive enough to make up a song about our terrible pink kit. I would have applauded it myself.
Lily the Pink??

• Haha
Reactions: GoGoGreen
Aug 5, 2012
Gravesend - Kent
I remember us playing Man City in the old division 3 a few years back. Travelled down from London with Pasalb and a group of City supporters. Very humble and down to earth they were too. It was the time when Oldham were in the ascendency and they had to take a pile of crap from them. Look we’re they both are now!
I remember that one too. Was still in the Navy back in the 80's and that Man City game you mention has to be one of my favourite memories. I took a Man City fan with me and his gloating was unbearable as City went 2-0 up. However three Argyle goals restored normality to the world and my totally destroyed friend had to pay for my beer all night!

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
The definition of a 'big club' is subjective, but I would say
1. They are the clubs with larger than average attendances for the league they are in
2. When the fixtures are released, apart from the grounds I've not been to, which games would I most like to attend?
3. Has that team been in the top two leagues more often than not in my living memory?
Wednesday appear in all categories (and I have been to Hillsborough before)
Burton has been in Championship more recently than us, and so has Yeovil. Carlisle and Oldham have been in the top flight, but none are bigger than Argyle- in MY opinion.

May 16, 2016
On the worn for a bet shirt subject, did my eyes deceive me, or did Wednesday not have a sponsor ? I wondered as such a well known club like that would expect to have one.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Oh ffs. Of course, we’ve never heard the Devonport End sing that crowd chant have we. There’s a few on here definitely up their own holes. Nice to see posters like IJN who is clearly in touch with reality on this
ps I’ve never heard the Wednesday fans sing that crowd song and in fact have only ever heard it at Argyle. I’ve got a shed as big as this, yes.
No need to get all upset about it. Any club, including ours, who sing about being a bigger club are inviting a downfall and the club dishing out that downfall will enjoy it just a little bit more. It just happened to be your club last week.

Reactions: Ponty and PL2 3DQ

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
On the subject of the pink kit... I really don't see what the problem is. Pink is a perfectly reasonable colour and it is actually a very sensible colour for a second/third kit as it doesn't clash with other teams.

Many years ago (~30) when I was based in Menai Bridge I played for Bangor City Hockey Club (I was a goalscoring centre-forward once described in the press as the 'Ian Rush of the North Wales Hockey League', although admittedly this was in the Bangor Chronicle is a match report written by a member of my team...). Anyway, we won promotion to the Premier League and after our AGM/end of season dinner that summer conversation turned to the fact that, at that level, we would have to play in numbered shirts. As we were a small club with no money, we couldn't afford two sets of numbered kit (home/away) and we came up with the idea of completely changing our colours so as to avoid clashes with every other team that was in the league. We went through all of the kits and after lengthy, and admittedly somewhat drunken, discussion we settled on a shift from our existing colours, which were dark blue and light blue quarters, to a wonderful new colour combo: pink and grey quarters. And so that became our kit - we played the next season in pink and grey, getting soundly beaten in many of our games. I left North Wales soon after that season in 1992 when I moved to Plymouth. I have no idea what colours Bangor City HC play in these days but it would be amusing if it was still pink and grey. If so, I suspect that no-one there has a clue why!

[P.S. Yes, yes, I know this has nothing really to do with Argyle or this thread, but this is PASOTI...]

[P.P.S. I've checked, BCHC now play in light blue shirts with dark blue sleeves - shame on them]

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
I also like the pink kit but I've loads of pink in my wardrobe.

Don't ask about the red Tartan trousers...