'diddy poo' (Owls Forum) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

'diddy poo' (Owls Forum)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yeah good point. But for now, I much prefer to be 'bigger clubs' than littler ones. 👀

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Well this thread had gone full circle from: aren't Sheffield Wednesday arrogant to think we're a small club (my op) to, aren't we much bigger than a lot of clubs we're in the same division as.
It's a funny old game Saint 🤣

Sep 6, 2006
The excitement is the atmosphere generated by large travelling support as stated at the start of the quoted post, why would you go to the match otherwise..Perhaps to watch a game of football and support your tea m
Perhaps to watch a game of football and support your team?? So you can't have an atmosphere without 'large travelling support'?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Well this thread had gone full circle from: aren't Sheffield Wednesday arrogant to think we're a small club (my op) to, aren't we much bigger than a lot of clubs we're in the same division as.
It's a funny old game Saint 🤣
We bigger than Burton, Fleetwood and Morecambe though aren’t we?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I mean marginally yeah, but it doesn't become one to say so.
Most of those Wednesday posts put us in the same category as Morecambe so in the eyes of others we're in their sort of strata

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We are smaller than Wednesday, it doesn't hurt me to say it, as Burton are to us.

It's the way football has always been.

I want to play West Bromwich Albion not Burton Albion, it's as simple as that for me. Yes, I'm a football snob but I know my plan.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Define bigger? Bigger crowds perhaps but I’d guess that Burton and Fleetwood have a bigger amount of cash to spend on transfers and wages than we do.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Money has little to do with it, we are bigger than Wigan and Peterborough (as examples) so it's a mixture of supporters and history within football. But it's probably only in my head.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
One of my first memories of football on the telly was Sheffield Wednesday being in a cup final against Arsenal when I was something like 8 years old (I'd been going to Home Park before this but telly football was rare those days).
I believe Andy Linghard(spelling?) scored the winner for Arsenal with a broken nose?

I'm nearing 40 now.
Andy Linighan :)

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Oct 31, 2015
I would say not to 2 of those Ian.

Burton have been plying their trade in the championship and Fleetwood seem to have way more financial clout than us (Rich owner).

Another way of looking at it is we are all league 1 club supporters for a reason. Our teams are league 1 standard.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Understand that bud, but if you honestly think any of those are bigger than us, then we definitely have a different mindset.

Not that's a bad thing.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Good question.

I certainly get more of a kick out of beating Pompey, Sunderland and Sheff Wednesday than I do out of beating Burton, Morecambe or Fleetwood.

Does that make me a bad person? ;)

When queuing to get in on Saturday a few groups of Wednesday fans went past singing “you’re only here for the Wednesday”, “what’s it like to see a crowd”, etc. That is why it’s sweeter to beat teams like these. Teams like Burton and Morecambe aren’t up their own holes.