Derek Adams new Morecambe manager | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Derek Adams new Morecambe manager

May 11, 2019
Great appointment for Morecambe, fantastic win percentage in League 2, should be able to keep them in league 2, certainly get a good reception from me when he returns in December.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Genuinely surprised to see him at such a small club with such a tight budget. Barring his last season with us, we really can’t complain at all. And he had a good record of promotions beforehand too. People will look back on his stint with us in time and realise he did well. He was done by his stubbornness and a final season of poor recruitment. Morecambe have punched above their weight with this appointment. Adams is a very decent manager.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The irony being that when Morecambe visit Home Park the refurbished grandstand will be in (50%) use for the first time - a project that Adams was involved in and he'll be using the changing rooms in which he played a big part in designing, although Lowe has tinkered with a few things. Football fate.

It will be interesting to see who he brings in as assistant.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
HC Green":8jndkw02 said:
Adams just likes a challenge, never did like an easy life, he says that about Argyle.
I assume Morecambe’s ownership model and its set up is to his liking or he would have turned it down like the other Clubs that have contacted him.
Wonder how many ex Argyle players currently free agents may end up there.
When's your first trip to Morecambe then Clive?
doing corporate?

May 8, 2011
L G":ppslndj0 said:
HC Green":ppslndj0 said:
Adams just likes a challenge, never did like an easy life, he says that about Argyle.
I assume Morecambe’s ownership model and its set up is to his liking or he would have turned it down like the other Clubs that have contacted him.
doing corporate?

March 14th. Don’t do corporate ever as I don’t eat before matches and I am not wearing a suit and tie to football.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
HC Green":2wia2nh2 said:
L G":2wia2nh2 said:
HC Green":2wia2nh2 said:
doing corporate?

March 14th. Don’t do corporate ever as I don’t eat before matches and I am not wearing a suit and tie to football.
Too close to the wife's birthday. Although I did enjoy my stroll around Morecambe bay the last time we played there.

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":14qnyoo4 said:
Far better journey for his family that's for sure.

A tiny, tiny club but he'll make them had to beat I reckon.

Best of luck Derek.

Like the last 5 games of his tenure with us?

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":11luskj8 said:

Ah right turned down a lot of bigger clubs did he? :lol:

Sep 6, 2006
Forest of Dean Green":75cyk5ue said:
Genuinely surprised to see him at such a small club with such a tight budget. Barring his last season with us, we really can’t complain at all. And he had a good record of promotions beforehand too. People will look back on his stint with us in time and realise he did well. He was done by his stubbornness and a final season of poor recruitment. Morecambe have punched above their weight with this appointment. Adams is a very decent manager.

I long thought he was over-rated and was proved right. How on earth you can say he did well I have no idea. However well he does at Morecambe it wont be good to watch.

Aug 10, 2006
arrogant man, Argyle fans are all thugs arm chair managers and this from a bloke who was clueless at Wembley clueless at Grimsby to win the title and played some of the worst football I have ever seen, good luck Morecambe you are welcome to him.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
jespafc":33d4eqxp said:
up_the_line":33d4eqxp said:
Delighted he's got a job in our division
Purely because I'll be keeping everything crossed that we give them an absolute tonking
Nothing against Morecambe like

I hope they beat us...just to annoy you.

Aaaaand we've weeded out one of the 'supporters?' who actually support Derek Adams more than Plymouth Argyle.
I hear Morecambe calling your name. Go and be with him, go and be with him.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Considering DA’s overall record as a manager, he deserves the opportunity to manage another team in the EFL. I wish him good luck at Morecambe although, of course, I hope that on 14th December and 14th March his team fail to secure any points.
Obviously, the last few months were very disappointing as far as results were concerned but I believe that he left the CLUB in a better overall position than when he arrived even though we ended in the same league as when he was appointed.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Stuart House":1f34b7lk said:
He'll get a muted response from myself. I'm not a fan, but i won't abuse him either.

This for me.

I wish him well but I never got above ‘meh’ while he was here.