Derek Adams new Morecambe manager | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Derek Adams new Morecambe manager

Mar 23, 2008
To be fair and no disrespect to Morecambe but thought he would get a bigger gig than that. If he can learn from his spell here there's a good manager there.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Pogleswoody":3fi1z46i said:
One month in, Derek. What do you think of it so far?
Rubbish!

I'll wish him luck :thumbs: if all those Adamsaficionados on here stop posting about him on the Argyle threads. Deal?

Shouldn't this (therefore) be on The Football Forum btw??

Not yet, it's Argyle related.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
PL2 3DQ":1w8wd2bt said:
Pogleswoody":1w8wd2bt said:
One month in, Derek. What do you think of it so far?
Rubbish!

I'll wish him luck :thumbs: if all those Adamsaficionados on here stop posting about him on the Argyle threads. Deal?

Shouldn't this (therefore) be on The Football Forum btw??

Not yet, it's Argyle related.

In what way? :think:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Morecambe are a decent little football club. They've got a tidy stadium, I believe they've got good training facilities as well, their former manager Jim Bentley had a long spell there. Some good characters in the dressing room like Kevin Ellison and Barry Roche, think Lewis Alessandra is back as well. I can see why a manager would want to go there, they're a stable lower league club at a time when many of the smaller clubs in L1/L2 are finding things tough. I'm a lot happier with Ryan Lowe at the helm but I definitely do wish Morecambe & Adams well, bar the two fixtures against us.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Delighted he's got a job in our division
Purely because I'll be keeping everything crossed that we give them an absolute tonking
Nothing against Morecambe like

Oct 14, 2015
I see it as a win win for DA. There bottom off the league so the only way is up and if he manages to do that and push them up the table I’ll imagine he’s hoping some bigger team may come calling similar to what Sol Campbell did at Macclesfield.

However looking how there getting on this season to where Campbell ended up bet he wished he stayed..

Good luck to DA....it might not have ended well but he gave us some good times as well..

Oct 22, 2018
I wish him well and he will get a good reception from me. I know how hard he worked for us. He lived and breathed Argyle while he was here.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
An interesting new appointment for him. I do not like to see any manager fall 'on his face' so I wish him well. At least he will enjoy plenty of good seafood from Morecambe Bay.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
ken jackson":l9thz8yo said:
I wish him well and he will get a good reception from me. I know how hard he worked for us. He lived and breathed Argyle while he was here.
This for me. Good luck to him.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
There must be something about relatively unfashionable clubs in relatively faraway places that attracts him. There is certainly less pressure (at least initially in the case of Argyle) and the lifestyle and pace-of-life tends to be a bit slower, which I guess must be his cup of tea. (I know that Morecambe is not quite geographically towards the end of the road as Ross County and Argyle both are but it is still a bit middle-of-nowhere and out of sight for most people). His preference seems to be for clubs that offer 'project potential'. I hated him as Argyle manager but there's no malice involved - good luck to him (in general, but not against Argyle obviously).

Jan 8, 2006
Well done Derek on your appointment and I wish you the very best of luck. You served Argyle well during your tenure and when you did have a moan about something it was fully justified as you cared for our club. It was a privilege to hear you speak at the Senior Greens just before you left.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
up_the_line":2vkksvax said:
Purely because I'll be keeping everything crossed that we give them an absolute tonking

I hope they beat us...just to annoy you.

May 16, 2016
I think the attraction of this appointment is that for the rest of this Season at least, he's still in the Leagues with the chance to pull off a 'rescue' and possibly more importantly, gets the opportunity of becoming 'everything' to 'everybody' and hold influence across all areas of the Club.

Smaller Club, bigger influence. More of a project.

If he lasts there.

May 16, 2016
jespafc":chkc8gky said:
up_the_line":chkc8gky said:

I hope they beat us...just to annoy you.

.....and he wearsa buttoned up Tee Shirt and tight Euro Pants .